Originally Posted by tmoney223
Tourqer

MS series

Polutter

Comp

Trex

EPS

Any other ones I miss?

Just trying to figure our which one is the best.
um you can get all these cams ground with different lobes and different lift which would effect the power output. I dont think any of the cams listed run the most aggressive (powerful) lobes out there for our cars either.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what about the LSR cams by Comp Cams...are those any good? i was thinking about one myself for road racing, Autocross
Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trans_am7935
what about the LSR cams by Comp Cams...are those any good? i was thinking about one myself for road racing, Autocross
yeah just make sure you run them with dual springs.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 180ls1
um you can get all these cams ground with different lobes and different lift which would effect the power output. I dont think any of the cams listed run the most aggressive (powerful) lobes out there for our cars either.
Best Answer++
Old 01-24-2011, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

No, custom EPS is the best answer.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
FormerVendor

The best answer for you might not be the best answer for someone else....

To the OP... I would choose a shop YOU trust and want to work with and let them spec a camshaft for your combo. Everyone on the net is going to have a different answer depending on what is in their particular combo.

If we can help you out do not hesitate to give us a call. We offer a wide range of camshafts and also spec custom camshafts for your specific application.

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
No, custom EPS is the best answer.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
The best answer for you might not be the best answer for someone else....

To the OP... I would choose a shop YOU trust and want to work with and let them spec a camshaft for your combo. Everyone on the net is going to have a different answer depending on what is in their particular combo.

If we can help you out do not hesitate to give us a call. We offer a wide range of camshafts and also spec custom camshafts for your specific application.
It was a joke dude and I'm well aware of your comment in BOLD. Read mine and the OP previous replies being he's a local friend and you will see why I said it
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

This biggest cam that will fit duh!

Is this going in the new motor or your current one?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by BaddBird
I think Geoff from EPS actually designed the Trex.
I would be willing to bet this as well.

All the EPS cheerleaders lately forget that Geoff probably designed just about EVERY Thunder cam they have on the shelf. So if EPS cams are so good, then so are Thunders, bc they are designed from the same person just at different times.

Let me tell you what I do know. I know somebody with a G5Xwhatever cam (the 230/228 split) and it runs good. It puts down the performance it is supposed to. I have had a Thunder cam, it did exactly what it was designed to do. I have seen a HPE S-cam haul *** also. I have rode in a Torquer V3 car and it moved out. TSP has a shitload of engine dyno time on their cams. Futral was an innovator of LS grinds, his cams come very highly recommended. I have ridden in a Pat G custom grind car and it moved out with lots of torque as well. I personally chose a Cam Motion shelf grind. I didnt feel the need for a custom grind bc they had exactly what i was looking for. Their cams are cut small and the lobes ramp up fast. I like this. Cam Motion manufactures cams, and Futral uses them to cut his cams but they cut them specifically to his specs and the lobes he wants. Cam motion shelf cam lobes are unique to them. Everyone else uses Comp to manufacture the cam, with varying lobes. EPS has the LSG lobe, TR has a "proprietary" lobe (meaning their own design). I think TSP mixes their lobe selection up.

Wanna know the spooky part? TR, EPS, Cam Motion, and Futral are all within a few miles of each other.

True story.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4

All the EPS cheerleaders lately forget that Geoff probably designed just about EVERY Thunder cam they have on the shelf. So if EPS cams are so good, then so are Thunders, bc they are designed from the same person just at different times.

Let me tell you what I do know. I know somebody with a G5Xwhatever cam (the 230/228 split) and it runs good. It puts down the performance it is supposed to. I have had a Thunder cam, it did exactly what it was designed to do. I have seen a HPE S-cam haul *** also. I have rode in a Torquer V3 car and it moved out. TSP has a shitload of engine dyno time on their cams. Futral was an innovator of LS grinds, his cams come very highly recommended. I have ridden in a Pat G custom grind car and it moved out with lots of torque as well. I personally chose a Cam Motion shelf grind. I didnt feel the need for a custom grind bc they had exactly what i was looking for. Their cams are cut small and the lobes ramp up fast. I like this. Cam Motion manufactures cams, and Futral uses them to cut his cams but they cut them specifically to his specs and the lobes he wants. Cam motion shelf cam lobes are unique to them. Everyone else uses Comp to manufacture the cam, with varying lobes. EPS has the LSG lobe, TR has a "proprietary" lobe (meaning their own design). I think TSP mixes their lobe selection up.

Wanna know the spooky part? TR, EPS, Cam Motion, and Futral are all within a few miles of each other.

True story.
This.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4

If this is for my benifit I am well aware that Geoff designed most of Thunders older cams. I am also aware that you hang closely to Cam Motions nuts I know this because you are in every damn cam thread on this board preaching (cheerleading) about them. I dont know what your problem with EPS cams is and I dont care. It seems to me if Geoff designed a new lobe that makes good power and is easier on the valvetrain thats worth posting about!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 PM
12 Second Club

the difference is the new cams have endurance lobes instead of pounding the valvetrain for marginal gains.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think Geoff from EPS actually designed the Trex.
Thats exactly what he told me....
Old 01-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What about SNL v.x
Old 01-24-2011, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Well I'm just looking right now. I was going to put it in a LQ9 but don't think that's going to work out now.

Originally Posted by Tyler_LS1
This biggest cam that will fit duh!

Is this going in the new motor or your current one?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:37 PM
12 Second Club

If it were me I'd go with one that has good mid range and won't rap out too high, I wouldn't be spinning a 170k mile ls1 near 7k
Old 01-24-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

If this is for my benifit I am well aware that Geoff designed most of Thunders older cams. I am also aware that you hang closely to Cam Motions nuts I know this because you are in every damn cam thread on this board preaching (cheerleading) about them. I dont know what your problem with EPS cams is and I dont care. It seems to me if Geoff designed a new lobe that makes good power and is easier on the valvetrain thats worth posting about!
Oh no sir you are mistaken. I have nothing against EPS cams or Geoff. As you can PLAINLY see from my response above I had something positive to say about a bunch of different cam makers. Something the EPS cheerleaders wouldnt know how to do if their *** was on fire. So get off my nuts. Yeah I chose Cam Motion and I mention them all the time bc NO ONE else ever does. You wanna know why I chose Cam Motion? Bc my particular grind was a recommendation from someone who has installed a **** of a lot more cams personally then probably anyone on this board. He personally recommended that cam to me and I took his word. You simply dont question that kind of expertise. Plus I like being different, I simply hate following the pack
Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pick a cam, then custom grind it on your favorite shops lobes lol
Old 01-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I assume your sticking with the ls1? Its really what you want man,call around for some info,because there are only a few good comments in your post,and I'm lost to comment, what are you going with 6.0 ls1? Lol
Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by *02WS6TURK*
It was a joke dude and I'm well aware of your comment in BOLD. Read mine and the OP previous replies being he's a local friend and you will see why I said it
My comments were not directed specifically toward you. I just wanted to chime in and remind the OP what works for one person might not work for another. No harm no foul...

Quick Reply: Which cam puts out the best gains!!!