Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! I think my cars about to blow

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevenz00maro
So when you got your Z28 and did a burnout you spun you bearing and bent your rods too?
i picked up my car with 32k on the clock and i drive my car like a grandmother. If i break somthing i am not so fast to blame someone else. You pay to play....
Old 01-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I love how someone bust their motor and says (to fix the problem) I'm gonna talk to a lawyer tomorrow.
LOL. yeah i know right bro. **** that why do that? Just let the car lot i got it from **** me and i can just deal with it. I mean damn i didnt know LS1 cant handle a burnout, someone shoulda told me
Old 01-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Well like I said I could see some bent push rods,broke springs, and those are easy to replace,did you try talking to the dealer before popin your top,screaming gets no where,well I hope you get it all worked out,did you have a mechanic look the car over before you bought it? What was oil pressure at from the first time you drove it? Did you test drive it, if you only had it for 20 miles there had to be something on the dip stick before, I guess there is a lesson in all this,
Yeah man, me and a few good buddys of mine checked the car out pretty good, one of which who went to NADC, and everything looked fine with the car, no metal shavings. Hell during the test drive it drove like a brand new car. Yeah i tried talking to the guy was just pretty much like "damn that sucks"
Old 01-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

For anybody who really thinks its his fault is in my opinion pretty ignorant! Unless he was constantly bouncing the tach off the rev limiter then there is no way your going to burn one of these motors up that easy. You have no idea how well the previous owners took care of the car as far as the oil changes and what not so this absolutely falls on the dealership without a shadow of a doubt. They should make this right and fix the motor for you.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Davey G
For anybody who really thinks its his fault is in my opinion pretty ignorant! Unless he was constantly bouncing the tach off the rev limiter then there is no way your going to burn one of these motors up that easy. You have no idea how well the previous owners took care of the car as far as the oil changes and what not so this absolutely falls on the dealership without a shadow of a doubt. They should make this right and fix the motor for you.
Thanks man, i appreciate it. I really hope they do
Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Its either covered under the lemon law or it aint. Its either covered under the warranty or it aint. The dealership will either help you or they wont. Nowhere in figuring all of that out would I feel the "need" to call a lawyer. You'd be stupid to pay a lawyer for stuff you can figure out on your own.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenz00maro
LOL. yeah i know right bro. **** that why do that? Just let the car lot i got it from **** me and i can just deal with it. I mean damn i didnt know LS1 cant handle a burnout, someone shoulda told me
Are you saying the dealership knew the car only had one burnout left in it? Give me a ******* break dude. The car was fine when they sold it. They arent mechanics they are SALESMEN.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well your not close to 3000 miles so your good lol,look at it from the dealerships point of view,some young kid walks in there and buys a camaro,hmmmm than 20 miles later the engine is blown lol,Dewman that was some funny stuff right there,I'm sure you will get it all worked out,just sucks you bought Paul Walkers old camaro lol,take care man,keep us posted on what goes down,besides your oil pressure lol
Old 01-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Captain Double Post

Davey G I do agree with you man,
Old 01-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

I bought a '98 m6 with 88,000 and the first thing I did when I got home was line her up in the middle of the road and roast the tires going both directions. What else is a person to do w/ that kind of power? Did it blow up? Hell no. Would I ever think that I'd get a bottom end knock from one burnout? No, especially not with only 70K on the motor. And if it had you can be damn sure the first thing I'd do would be to call the dealer and ask them "WTF did you sell me?"
Good luck man. Sounds like some BS from the dealer to me.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:05 AM
TECH Resident

Im kinda wondering the question why did a 70k mile LS1 camaro go for $7400. sry but thats a little low. well.....thats either low or I got hosed
Old 01-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Whiteaw57
Im kinda wondering the question why did a 70k mile LS1 camaro go for $7400. sry but thats a little low. well.....thats either low or I got hosed
I got mine for $5,600 (knock on wood )
Old 01-31-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that man. That would be horribble to have that happen. I agree with the posts above. Thats BS how they only cover 500 dollars. You should try reasoning with them before going to court. Good luck to you and getting your ride fixed!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:50 AM
TECH Resident

well then damnit im just gonna tell myself it was the mods done that ran the price up, although I always thought thatd lower it. just so this is relevant i may have to go with team dealership. stock pushrods do not like rev limiters so sry. If you were grandma driving thats one thing. the fact that it started instantly after the burnout kinda leans on you. before I went ape though id pop the valve covers and just see. changing pushrods (praying that thats all that it hurt) is fairly cheap and easy. Either way good luck
Old 01-31-2011, 03:43 AM
Captain Double Post

Its not just a few bent push rods though,he is talkin bearings etc,pushrods shame on OP,but all the other crap that's shame on the dealer,I could see him doing a burn out and bendin a few rods,but not killing the motor,OP I hope its just a few rods ,I have even broke springs before,well we hope something good happens for ya,like I said keep us posted on what happens
Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Banned

Who knows the cars history??? Maybe the oil pump lost pressure as he was in the middle of his burnout, lost oil pressure and wham end of bearings. Its very possible, whos fault is it? no ones it just happens......... Get what you can from the dealer and start wrenching like a young man should. Sad but its the way it is.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Teching In

been reading a little bit online to see if you could do something but from what i've read lemon laws only cover new cars prolly why all manufacturers offer new car warrantys

CAME ACROSS THIS
If it was a new car, it came with some sort of warranty. If it was a used car, unless your purchase paperwork says there's a warranty, there is not.

In most jurisdictions, the rule is caveat emptor: let the buyer beware. You will not be able to get your money back unless you can prove fraud: that he knowingly made misstatements of material fact in order to induce you to buy the car. For example, if he told you a specific part has been recently replaced or tested good when it has not--you might have a case. However, in many states there are additional laws designed to protect sellers of used cars--so even if he lied you may not have a case. Sleazeball dealers will know exactly what that law says, though they sometimes go over the line. If it's a question of more than a couple thousand dollars you might want to consult a lawyer in your own jurisdiction.
Source(s):
Practicing attorney in Tennessee
1 year ago Report Abuse 0% 0 Votes
Old 01-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Banned

I hate to say this and don't take it literally butt the time to do your burn out was BEFORE you bought it. When i boght my wifes low mileage Formula I ran it WOT a few times to be sure nothing was going south soon.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah guys i talked to a lawyer on the phone today, (one of the best in town, or so ive heard) and he told me lemon law only covers new cars and it sounds like im stuck and theres nothing i can do. So i think im pretty screwed. Luckily i have a good friend (02anti_vnm) that just did a build on his 02 SS. He replaced his crank and complete bottom end, so i can get his bottom end for cheap. Only thing ill have to buy is bearings and gaskets. So it might not be as bad as i thought....i hope. lol i mean i haven't tore into it yet to see the damage, hopefully not to bad. Ill deffinetly keep you guys posted !
Old 01-31-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

do that. Im interested to see what all is hurt. metal on the dipstick is never good but im leaning torward more top end damage