Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 10:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help!

Got a little problem! All of the sudden this morning on the way to work, my car starts breakin up while i'm cruisin and givin it little gas. Sounds like it's either missing or detonating, can't tell, but when it does it, it sounds almost the same as the car did when my valvespring broke, so I think it's missing! It's not doing it all the time, just whenever it feels like it I guess. It's fine at idle, fine if I rev it, and fine if I get on it and sounds healthy! It's just doin it when i'm cruisin, and if I get in the gas more, it kind of goes away, but will come right back once I come down a little on the gas again! I don't know what it is, and am worried about my motor! Just curious everyone's opinion on what could be goin wrong and what to check to try and fix, thanks a lot!!!!

PS - Just changed my plugs like a month ago if even, and have msd wires that have been on there for probably close to 30,000+ miles, but don't see any arching or anything from them, so I think the wires are ok.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Anybody?
Old 02-13-2004, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this exact problem with my LS1, and it was a bad ignition coil. I would check all 8 of yours for proper output. For whatever reason when they go bad, they like to stumble under part throttle.

I'm not saying this is definitely your problem, but its the first thing I'd check if it just happened all of a sudden.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Constrictor 98TA
I had this exact problem with my LS1, and it was a bad ignition coil. I would check all 8 of yours for proper output. For whatever reason when they go bad, they like to stumble under part throttle.

I'm not saying this is definitely your problem, but its the first thing I'd check if it just happened all of a sudden.
Thanks a lot for the info, I will definately check them! How do I check the output though? Can I check it through autotap, or do I have to have a tool to use to place on it? Thanks again for the help!