Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth's plug/rich problem; little assistance please :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Loudmouth's plug/rich problem; little assistance please :)

1122, 122, and 507 are the codes he's throwing. TPS circuit intermitent low voltage, TPS circuit low voltage, and idle speed high. TPS sensor never removed.

507 was being thrown for the past 2-3 months, 1122 and 122 threw in the past two days.

Recent engine work: rear knock sensor replaced (used to throw code but no longer) last weekend. After replacement 507 was still the only code thrown.

Checked the TB wires and connections but no visble damage. Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix the problem?

He has a '99 Z28 with hookers, true duals x-pipe with dumps, lid/filter, NGK's/MSD's, 228/228 .588 112 + 4, stock heads,
TB is a stock '99, LS6 intake.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-15-2004, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

replace the TPS
Old 02-15-2004, 06:35 PM
TECH Addict

Question

Originally Posted by Dustin Butts
replace the TPS
He's not throwing a 121 (TPS sensor). How or why would this be the problem? Anyway to tap it and verify?

If he's throwing circuitry power issues the TPS sensor itself can affect this?

Thank you for the fast reply, his car is runnin' like crap missin' and foulin' plugs.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

you did do a resistance test on the tps sensor though(no dead spots open to close)? I think next would be to measure resistance from sensor to corresponding pin in the ecm plug. Any vacume leaks?
Old 02-15-2004, 07:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jstpsi
you did do a resistance test on the tps sensor though(no dead spots open to close)? I think next would be to measure resistance from sensor to corresponding pin in the ecm plug. Any vacume leaks?
The car in question is mine, how do I do a resistance test on the tps sensor and how do I measure resistance from the sensor to the corresponding pin in the plug? We just atap'd it and found out those codes and asked on here, we didn't do those tests. Thanks for ur time and help!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 11:28 PM
Banned

Hey Dragon,

How's that set of Stage 2 heads you stole from us running? I see you must have sold the ASA cam you also stole from us.

If you'd like to own up to your dishonesty, you can give me a shout at 516-779-2330 and we'll take care of payment.

Don't play dumb, because you have already made too many stupid moves. Too bad you got removed from the other board, because it shows how stupid you are posting exact copies (IN OUR FORMAT) copy/pasted from our website in your posts where you claim they were made by a "local" company.

If anyone would like further information about this thief, please let me know I'll be happy to disclose ALL details.

One last time to make things right, 516-779-2330.

- Matt Sorian
Old 02-17-2004, 05:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
Hey Dragon,

How's that set of Stage 2 heads you stole from us running? I see you must have sold the ASA cam you also stole from us.

If you'd like to own up to your dishonesty, you can give me a shout at 516-779-2330 and we'll take care of payment.

Don't play dumb, because you have already made too many stupid moves. Too bad you got removed from the other board, because it shows how stupid you are posting exact copies (IN OUR FORMAT) copy/pasted from our website in your posts where you claim they were made by a "local" company.

If anyone would like further information about this thief, please let me know I'll be happy to disclose ALL details.

One last time to make things right, 516-779-2330.

- Matt Sorian
Hey man, i'm not tryin to start anything here, but Chris is one of my good buddies and has been since I first moved down here to Florida. He's a good guy and wouldn't steal anything from anyone, and I happen to have been there with Chris when he asked Mike @ CEC (Cutting Edge Concepts - Local guy) to do the heads, and then I was there with him again when he recently had them redone by Jung (Mike seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth w/o a trace). Also, i'm a little confused, how could someone steal a set of heads, no less when ur in NY and we're all the way here in FL?
Old 02-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Banned

Devon, it's nice that you cover your friend. He was caught on ls1.com and then banned. If anyone wants full details I will disclose them via email or you can call me direct at 516-779-2330.

- Matt