Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam for carb vs efi.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam for carb vs efi.

conventional wisdom says carb motors like a narrower LSA than EFI.
if true,is that more a function of the difference in intakes(runner length),or wet flow through the intake itself,or both?assuming both motors set up for the same powerband,usage.
i have seen narrow LSA work for both types of induction setups.
thoughts?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Default Carb Cam for Carb LS1

I am sure the lift and overlap can be optomized by a different cam spec. Should you decide to change the cam, I would like to buy it for my LQ7. (5.3 truck engine) in my roadster. The cam and valve springs are just what I need, and Edelbrock should have the spec's in print for what you should expect from your carb swap. I might suggest more robust valve springs for performance gains. April Hot Rod magazine has a listing of modifications and their results, take a look.

Hondo78-
Old 03-05-2011, 04:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hondo78
I am sure the lift and overlap can be optomized by a different cam spec. Should you decide to change the cam, I would like to buy it for my LQ7. (5.3 truck engine) in my roadster. The cam and valve springs are just what I need, and Edelbrock should have the spec's in print for what you should expect from your carb swap. I might suggest more robust valve springs for performance gains. April Hot Rod magazine has a listing of modifications and their results, take a look.

Hondo78-
not changing to a carb,actually sold my GTO recently.
are you confusing me with another person?i do have a small cam for sale,never installed though.