Sponsored by:

vengance vs mamo fast intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 903 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by mercccc
they wont do it..ahah (sarcasim)
It would be better for both if they don't. I'm sure they probably know that.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

MAMO >>>>> Vengeance.. no comparison.. I bet I could take my dremel and match the port work Vengeance does for free.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've never seen a vengeance ported intake, but there is no way it could be better than one of tony's. i've had two FASTs ported by Tony as well as spent a fair amount of time on the phone with him. i can honestly say there's no beating his work.

...BUT, Vengeance has him beat on pricing. Their manifolds make enough power over an unported one to justify the expense. They're a great shop to deal with.

Trying to start a sponsor war on here here is just stupid, a waste of bandwidth, and a waste of everyone's time IMHO....Take your badass new intake, put it on the car, and enjoy
Old 03-19-2011, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I doubt the 2 of them will get into a "sponsor brawl" but comparing sponsor to sponsor products is always nice to see, as long as it's done the right way.

I think it needs to be said that Tony did start the FAST porting business when others said there wasn't any need to port them. I always find this thread pretty cool: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-102-fast.html

I look at it this way:
If you want a good port job for a good price, VR is a great choice.
If you want every last hp, Tony is your man.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have a vengeance intake apart right now. Given I don't know what I'm looking at I really don't see what else could be done. There is one casting mark in each runner that could be smoothed out but I don't know if it would be work it or not.

I don't know what as out of the box FAST looks like so I don't have anything to compare it to.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WSsick
I doubt the 2 of them will get into a "sponsor brawl" but comparing sponsor to sponsor products is always nice to see, as long as it's done the right way.

I think it needs to be said that Tony did start the FAST porting business when others said there wasn't any need to port them. I always find this thread pretty cool: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-102-fast.html

I look at it this way:
If you want a good port job for a good price, VR is a great choice.
If you want every last hp, Tony is your man
i agree, and that's a good thread for some people to look at
Old 03-20-2011, 05:33 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DjFury your not the first member I have heard that from,but if its all ready done I wouldn't send it off again,
Old 03-20-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Would be a waste of time n cash to send it again. And all this for 0-2hp...Invest on something else.

I have a Vengeance 92mm ported unit and I got a killer deal on it. I gained 14rwhp. Only from 4500rpm FYI. Worth every penny IMO.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ummm I have a Vengeance ported 90 and I am quite sure a Mamo 90 would be more than 2 HP+ on my motor or most cars on here.....

Like I said earlier ya get what ya pay for.. I bet EC does a nice port job too....
Old 03-20-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont really know who is the best, but the R&D vengence has provided to this site is second to none. And the un ending source of knowledge that Tony provides is second ton none as well. I think that you cant go wrong with either piece. If I were you op I would install it and enjoy.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NBM99SS
Your wanting to have a intake thats already been ported by 1 of the top LS builders ported again by another LS Guru? How much plastic you think is left for them to remove Just put it on your car
agreed, or if you really need to waste some cash you can send it to me and i will give you a hug.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fatmat80
I dont really know who is the best, but the R&D vengence has provided to this site is second to none. And the un ending source of knowledge that Tony provides is second ton none as well. I think that you cant go wrong with either piece. If I were you op I would install it and enjoy.
Very well said!!! I believe Tony offers an extremely high quality piece and there is no doubting his knowledge when it comes to cylinder head flow/porting etc etc.

The service Vengeance Racing offers has been tested time and time again, both in our facility as well as independently. Our port work has shown significant gains over stock without breaking the bank.... It is my understanding that Tony ports the entire intake and completely takes it apart and then reassembles it after being ported. We conducted some testing early on and saw only 1 to 2HP gain from the added work. While we would be happy to offer this service it seemed much more beneficial to offer the program we currently have at much less cost to the consumer. For some, this might not be a viable option while others wish to take advantage of the reduced expense while still getting 99.5% of the benefit. Either way, you cannot go wrong with Vengeance Racing or Tony Mamo.

While I would have no issue being involved in an unbiased A/B comparison between stock/Vengeance ported/Mamofied I do not see this happening. I also would predict our ported version would be within 2HP of Tonys ported version and BOTH ported intakes would be 10+ better than an unported version.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:41 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
Ummm I have a Vengeance ported 90 and I am quite sure a Mamo 90 would be more than 2 HP+ on my motor or most cars on here.....

Like I said earlier ya get what ya pay for.. I bet EC does a nice port job too....
I would take that bet

You are correct, you do get what you pay for... We sell our PORTED intakes for $999.99... A new unported intake is $849.00 plus the $500.00 Tony charges.... For less than 2HP gain I know where I would spend my money.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

Just to add a little mix I just sent mine out to Jeremy Formato. Havent heard much on here about him but a trusted source to me anyway use him so that was good enough for me. He said he completely takes his apart also and is going to put a new gasket in it for me. I think you cant really go wrong whoever you choose out of all these. It all depends how deep your pockets and how important every last HP is as stated before. Friendly competition is good for us the consumer also lol
Old 03-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CNTLSE 1
Just to add a little mix I just sent mine out to Jeremy Formato. Havent heard much on here about him but a trusted source to me anyway use him so that was good enough for me. He said he completely takes his apart also and is going to put a new gasket in it for me. I think you cant really go wrong whoever you choose out of all these. It all depends how deep your pockets and how important every last HP is as stated before. Friendly competition is good for us the consumer also lol
Seriously? Formato is a tuner. Maybe he could paint the car also while he has it. LOL

Anyway, one of these threads turns up every couple of months. You get what you pay for. these things aren't done by a CNC machine. There are several factors involved.

First, porting is an art. Getting consistency from runner to runner is difficult and that's why a set of PROPERLY ported heads used to cost so much money (before CNC's). So who ports the Vengeance intakes? Does Ron do them or some guy that he has working there? We know who ports Tony's.

$/hr. How many hours are you going to get spent on your intake if you are paying $250 vs $500. I'll tell you, about half. Vengeance sells a "clean-up" done with a sandroll and some port matching.

The last thing that you have to look at is how much are the gain differences worth to you between the 2. Then you can make a decision.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

yep seriously. Cant argue with the result produced and Ill leave it at that.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Seriously? Formato is a tuner. Maybe he could paint the car also while he has it. LOL

Anyway, one of these threads turns up every couple of months. You get what you pay for. these things aren't done by a CNC machine. There are several factors involved.

First, porting is an art. Getting consistency from runner to runner is difficult and that's why a set of PROPERLY ported heads used to cost so much money (before CNC's). So who ports the Vengeance intakes? Does Ron do them or some guy that he has working there? We know who ports Tony's.

$/hr. How many hours are you going to get spent on your intake if you are paying $250 vs $500. I'll tell you, about half. Vengeance sells a "clean-up" done with a sandroll and some port matching.

The last thing that you have to look at is how much are the gain differences worth to you between the 2. Then you can make a decision.

Do a search about 3 or 4 years back with my screen name and vengence port job. As stated above, I got a clean up job on my manifold. I was expecting a port job. There's a thread on here with with pictures that show what a clean up is and a porting between these two sponsors.

Ron admitted I fell through their quality control cracks because the installation screws where thrown in the box and the porting was less than expected and offered me $100 gift certificate to their shop. I declined.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Phil'sC5vette
Do a search about 3 or 4 years back with my screen name and vengence port job. As stated above, I got a clean up job on my manifold. I was expecting a port job. There's a thread on here with with pictures that show what a clean up is and a porting between these two sponsors.

Ron admitted I fell through their quality control cracks because the installation screws where thrown in the box and the porting was less than expected and offered me $100 gift certificate to their shop. I declined.
Wasn't that addressed in another thread?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya it was a couple years ago.

Sure your going to pay more for Tonys port job, but he's very detailed and will get the most out of your manifold.

Its like paying more for AFR heads. When do you hear someone complaining about their performance?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

There has been a few threads. The thing is when someone spends that much money on something they won't speak up and say they think they made a mistake.

Quick Reply: vengance vs mamo fast intake