Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 valley cover why

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ls6 valley cover why

i have a 2001 trans am ws6 and it has 78000km. i see and hear alot of people converting to ls6 valey cover because they burn oil. my car has never burned oil and i check it all the time. i event think it has factory pcv valve in it. maybe i dont see it my car desnt smoke or leak or nothing. my question is whare do you guys notice oil in intake ex. thank for info just trying to find out more about it. i dont plan on putting in the ls6 cover till i have a prob.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The ls6 valley cover has a back port in it that let's you pull vacuum right out of the crankcase for better ring seal than just pulling off of a valvecover. This works really good with a catch can. If you pull your tv off, you should beable to run your fingers around the bottom of your intake throat and get alitttle oil on your fingers. The more power and higher you spin the engine the more you will notice this.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:38 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My old setup put so much oil in the intake that if I stood it up on the end or angled it down toward the TB, oil would actually run out. If you're not burning oil, and you don't find traces of oil at all in your intake, I'd count my blessings and consider myself lucky.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 198 Posts

the stock PCV rubber will crap out.......if it has not already
Old 04-17-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The stock F-car PCV plumbing is external (plastic tubing across back of motor, via Y-fitting, more plastic tubing along passenger side) and deteriorates with age and gives you two leaks (air, oil).

The LS6 PCV plumbing is a single hose at the front of the motor, much simpler, cleaner, tidier, avoids leaks.

Also noted above, allows crankcase vapor to be pulled from center of value rather than rear of valve covers (which is where oil goes when you accelerate, resulting in large amount of oil ingestion).