Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F*** U.P.S.!! What can brown do to you?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

to TSP, i suggest you get one of those hot foam machines for when you ship stuff like heads and other machined parts.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSXS10
I shipped a set of heads to a member here a couple months ago and it turned into a real mess! They must have dropped them off the truck or something? UPS just does not give a damn anymore....IMHO.
that's the conclusion I came to...
Old 04-19-2011, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^Sealed air systems (foam spray) are sweet. We have dropped cranks off of a 6 foot loading dock that have been packed with our systems, crank was fine! (test crank that is, it was not a sold crank )
Old 04-19-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

definately a packaging issue... should of been double boxed, foam sprayed, wrapped in bubble plastic... lol you got to damn near make it bomb proof before shipping anything via ups.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by O2Form
You can plainly see that wasn't packaged properly for shipping. You think shipping a hunk of aluminum<made from soda cans> can take getting tossed around in a truck for 100's of miles in a piece of cardboard? UPS will take care of it, I've dealt with them before. But if they find it wasn't packaged properly they are off the hook. I had a rad shipped to me that was damaged, it wasn't their fault but the company that sold it to me refused to take it back unless I filed a danage claim with UPS. UPS came and picked it up and a few weeks later said it wasn't their fault. SO the company that sold it and shipped had to pay. Of couse they gave me shitty time and after about 6 months I finally got a refund AFTER contacting my credit card company and filing a claim.

You should really change the title of this thread.
^ Agreed with this. Use your head when shipping something and pack it for this:

lol you got to damn near make it bomb proof before shipping anything via ups.
That goes for any shipping company
Old 04-19-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Dude **** ups. Get a fex x sticker and ship it. I just got a box from texas speed and it was all fucked up. All the parts made it just fine. But the box looks like it was in a hockey game...

From now on Im sending a prepaid fed x lable to sponsers.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
definately a packaging issue... should of been double boxed, foam sprayed, wrapped in bubble plastic... lol you got to damn near make it bomb proof before shipping anything via ups.
It pretty much is. The head is wrapped in bubble wrap and then bagged. It is then wrapped in a cardboard sheet around it. Then it is boxed in a double corrugated box with packing material on the ends. We box them as singles now so they don't have to lift anything too heavy in hopes that they will set it down rather than throw it down. But even our driver here will pull up and kick boxes off the truck. It's not just UPS though. We have tried all of them and they all suck.

Jon
Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Callies Performance
^^^^^Sealed air systems (foam spray) are sweet. We have dropped cranks off of a 6 foot loading dock that have been packed with our systems, crank was fine! (test crank that is, it was not a sold crank )
Strange, we've had numerous Callies (and others) cranks come back to us and we've had to replace/swap reluctors after they were damaged in shipping

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Dude **** ups. Get a fex x sticker and ship it. I just got a box from texas speed and it was all fucked up. All the parts made it just fine. But the box looks like it was in a hockey game...

From now on Im sending a prepaid fed x lable to sponsers.
Fedex sucks too. We used them for years, and believe it or not have had better luck with UPS as a whole. At least with UPS we have a rep who gives a damn and will go to bat for us to get claims handled right! We never got that from Fedex!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=Matt@Texas-Speed;14803951]Strange, we've had numerous Callies (and others) cranks come back to us and we've had to replace/swap reluctors after they were damaged in shipping
QUOTE]

was this in a package using the foam?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I worked at UPS as a loader probably 15 years ago and they threw/kicked **** around left and right and the managers would do nothing. I see nothing has changed lol..never had any problems w/ fedex or usps.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 89LS1RS
was this in a package using the foam?
Indeed. We also had a transmission delivered that had a metric ton of that foam junk in it, that the manufacturer swore could be dropped from 10 feet and survive....I don't know how high it was dropped from, but it didn't survive visibly much less functionally!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
Old 04-19-2011, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Ship everything via ground. Air packages get destroyed. I receive 40 boxes a day. All the ground ones usually look great, all the Air ones look like someone drove a forklift over them for fun.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I find that it really depends on your Local UPS. My company just recently moved, and the new UPS hub is fucked.

I've personally watched the ups guy throw the packages into the truck from 10-15 feet away.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:19 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by deelong4002
I find that it really depends on your Local UPS. My company just recently moved, and the new UPS hub is fucked.

I've personally watched the ups guy throw the packages into the truck from 10-15 feet away.
Local and chain. You are gambling, every time you ship anything, on each and every person who touches your packages.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gotta agree that the foam is the way to go...we get many packages via UPS and the company uses the foam...man some of those boxes look like they fell off the truck on the highway, but never gotten any broken parts
Old 04-19-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Fedex sucks too. We used them for years, and believe it or not have had better luck with UPS as a whole. At least with UPS we have a rep who gives a damn and will go to bat for us to get claims handled right! We never got that from Fedex!
Same here. FedEx has never paid out on a damage claim and the bulk of their packages come in damaged to some extent, even the ones they packed. UPS has great support about claims. Their online quotes are within a dime of actual costs too, so getting a quote is simple
Old 04-19-2011, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

ups can suc it. they obviously musta dropped my ls6 intake manifold and cracked it. now im forced to run my power choking ls1 intake manifold until it arrives.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2000RDT/A
ups can suc it. they obviously musta dropped my ls6 intake manifold and cracked it. now im forced to run my power choking ls1 intake manifold until it arrives.
And even though GM ships thousands of those intakes every year, packaged exactly how it was sent to you, without any issues UPS and Fedex (and others who don't know better) will say it was mispackaged. You just can't win sometimes

Old 04-19-2011, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
And even though GM ships thousands of those intakes every year, packaged exactly how it was sent to you, without any issues UPS and Fedex (and others who don't know better) will say it was mispackaged. You just can't win sometimes
thats their scapegoat. ive learned after buying t-tops and having them shipped, if the box looks like it went thru a tornado, the **** inside probably looks the same.

my lesson learned is, if the box is destroyed when the UPS guy drops it off, refuse it. once you refuse delivery, your totally off the hook. its up to the shipper and the shipping company to decide whos to blame.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bww3588
thats their scapegoat. ive learned after buying t-tops and having them shipped, if the box looks like it went thru a tornado, the **** inside probably looks the same.

my lesson learned is, if the box is destroyed when the UPS guy drops it off, refuse it. once you refuse delivery, your totally off the hook. its up to the shipper and the shipping company to decide whos to blame.
Good advice, I usually make um open the box if it looks hammered. They don't like it but if they don't I refuse it.