Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Here's my penny pinching question:

What happens to said "damaged" parts?

I'm willing to bet there's a small market for them
I guess you would have to talk to Texas Speed and see what they want to do with the parts. They may sell them to you at a severely discounted rate... Or they may say they just want them back to salvage the springs, valves, and melt down the aluminum...
Old 04-21-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

a friend of mine who is now serving overseas worked for ups when we were in highschool. he would brag to me on how they all treated the packages. no matter what wieght or size, if it was throwable - they threw it. all of them. onto the truck, onto to the floor, the belt, off the truck. didnt matter. he told me that the large boxes that couldnt be moved via person would get pushed against one another by the forklifts and pushed across the floors, other boxes, walls, toward the trucks. he even told me that most of them would make a game out of who can throw a package the farthest. How fucked up is that! I have only recieved 1 item that was completely destroyed by ups, and i didnt even get to see the item. the box was dropped at my door. the box was almost flat! It was supposed to be a relpacement front bumper from acura for my brothers integra. The box that housed a contoured bumper was almost flat - i denied it. Acura called me a few days later and told me that they will ship another, it was the fault of ups, not acura.
damaged package - just deny it. As far as this matter with the heads is concerned, I believe that the heads could have been packed better, but, i was not there to witness the packing process or anything else for that matter, so I wont point fingers.
I have sent 2 sets of heads out that were in mini wood crates. both sets were shipped via ups and both sets arrived unscathed.
to the op, good luck with the next head
Old 04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance
Everybody's(almost) an expert.
Im not "almost"... I am. I'd be taking all this in. People are trying to help by offering advice (which obviously is needed). No reason to be rude.
Its happen to all of us, unless you packed cylinder heads every day you'd never know this.. because not all are going to be subjected to the same.

And like a few others said... you want to pack it like its going through a war if you want to be sure. You cant trust a company that handles probably a million packages a day to treat every one like an egg......thats just idiocracy.
You are responcible for packaging it.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
Im not "almost"... I am. I'd be taking all this in. People are trying to help by offering advice (which obviously is needed). No reason to be rude.
Its happen to all of us, unless you packed cylinder heads every day you'd never know this.. because not all are going to be subjected to the same.

And like a few others said... you want to pack it like its going through a war if you want to be sure. You cant trust a company that handles probably a million packages a day to treat every one like an egg......thats just idiocracy.
You are responcible for packaging it.
I apologize that Brian's post was made. It is NOT what should be expected from a sponsor, and it's not the professionalism that should be expected from Texas Speed & Performance. We do our best to protect customer's parts during shipping, but some damage is inevitable simply due to the sheer volume. What's crazy is you literally can hit a cylinder head with a sledge hammer, and it will not flatten the ear that bad! I know this because we tried it. We have another cylinder head in the works for the customer, and I certainly hope that he can finally get his car back up and running! This is the time of year to be enjoying your car!

Thanks!

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

Now BACK to our regularly scheduled programing! LOL

It's good to hear you guys are taking care of him Trevor!
Old 04-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

listen to this, recently a member on here bought a fast intake from me, i had ups store package it and he received it and it was cracked in two places, pretty badly, so they pick the package up from his house 4 days later for "inspection", they approve the claim since they packaged it, and shipped it back to the ups store i shipped from, i went to look at it and give them the paypal reciept(to prove how much he paid) and ask what happens to the intake, he replies " ups takes it into custody and crushes it"...so here i am i had a perfect fast intake, sold it, now that guy gets his money back, and i have no intake, not even a cracked intake to show for it? this is bullshit, i told the ups store if that package left there to be crushed without contacting me first i was not going to be happy....anywho its been 3 weeks now, this guy is waiting for his money, the claim has been approved and they are NOT contacting me. ups store is bullshit.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At a previous job of mine, UPS picked up stuff everyday. Some fragile, some not. They way they treated the packages and how they stored them in the back of the truck made me want to barf. That's why any time I order something from a company and I hear it's coming UPS, my butthole puckers up. I always look at the product before they leave the house. They get kinda pissed because they are in a hurry to deliver other orders, but I could careless because the majority of the time the shipping boxes look as if they just got mugged behind a dark alley. Maybe TSP should look into using another shipper and or package their stuff with more caution. All the time and man hours spent dealing with this adds up.