Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

picked up some 243 heads for free wheres a good place in texas to port em?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011 | 04:12 PM
Launching!

You get what you pay for. Too many folks skimp out on heads because of the price, so they go the less expensive route, which then generally means less HP/TRQ. Like a couple others have mentioned, AI would be your best bang for the buck. Plus you will have a solid valvetrain set up upon return. AI's heads/work put Texas Speeds to shame (no offense) but it's true.
Old 04-28-2011 | 04:25 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by GoFastKid
AI's heads/work put Texas Speeds to shame (no offense) but it's true.
You've tested both, I assume? Let's see your data!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 04-28-2011 | 04:40 PM
Launching!

No sir I have not. What I have seen is your LS6 heads side by side to AI's and all the data/dyno/track results posted in here, and their product clowns on yours. Do you honestly think you can put out just as good as a product or better then them? Don't get me wrong, I think what you do for members and the local fbody community is great.....but your products cater more for the budget builder and it's like buying something at the local super market like shampoo. Your's sits on the 2nd shelf while their's sits on the top due to it being a better product.
Old 04-28-2011 | 04:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I think until you have back to back testing with as many variables as possible eliminated, you're basically just reading posts online and re-posting what someone else says, and that's not factually based at all.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 04-28-2011 | 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

No sir I have not. What I have seen is your LS6 heads side by side to AI's and all the data/dyno/track results posted in here, and their product clowns on yours. Do you honestly think you can put out just as good as a product or better then them? Don't get me wrong, I think what you do for members and the local fbody community is great.....but your products cater more for the budget builder and it's like buying something at the local super market like shampoo. Your's sits on the 2nd shelf while their's sits on the top due to it being a better product.
you do realize the comparo's that were done were most likely with off the shelf TSP ported ls6 heads right? but they can also do custom porting to customer's specs right? so to answer your question, yes they can put out just as good of a product as AI. if you ask them to and are willing to drop the coin. just like AI.
Old 04-28-2011 | 06:14 PM
Launching!

You get what you pay for. Too many folks skimp out on heads because of the price, so they go the less expensive route, which then generally means less HP/TRQ.
Yeah I know Ill probably talk myself into getting them ported. Just going to be awhile now price of the parts are adding up to fast and I keep adding stuff to the list that I want to do while its under the knife. I just have to go win the lotto thats all.
Old 04-28-2011 | 06:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
In Texas Greg Good in Houston or Lloyd Elliot in Red Oak (south of Dallas) come to mind.
Thanks yeah red oaks only like 40 mins away from my home town.