Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torco

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torco

Just wondering if anyone here has used this race fuel concentrate on a regular basis or had done any testing with it? You add a 32oz bottle to about 10 gallons of regular 93 (91 for me) octane and it raises it to like 104 octane. It's not a "booster" but an actual concentrate. My builder wants me to run 101 unleaded as often as possible but that is expensive and hard to find! I was thinking I could run the torco part of the time. We may do some tuning tests next month. We were also thinking of going with methanol but we don't really need the extra cooling - just the added octane. Maybe we should re-consider that option...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited by InvisibleSun; 02-22-2004 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:28 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

You would be better off running straight 100. It's not that bad if you buy four 55 gallon drums at a time. You get a price break. Also your fuel is fresh, otherwise you never know what your getting!
Old 02-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I tested Torco's fuel concentrate on several cars on the dyno and can attest to the reduction/elimination of any kr. My own car without fail would see 5º-8º kr. On the 3rd run after adding Torco, 0º kr. The only other time I saw 0º kr was with using straight Sonoco 105 unleaded. Torco also showed very positive results on a blown C5 with 12lbs boost. That car had 3º kr that went to 0º and in the process the car made 30 more rwhp due to no knock retard.
I mixed 1/2 a can with approximately 8 gallons of 91 octane to achieve my results.
I've tried a variety of different additives over the past year, but none produced the results that Torco did.
I'm not a Torco salesman, but am seriously considering becoming a dealer for this product. In short, it works great at eliminating kr issues, although I've not used this product for more than one tankfull of gas at a time.
I'm intersted to hear any feedback from others here.

Good luck,

Richard
Old 02-23-2004, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
I tested Torco's fuel concentrate on several cars on the dyno and can attest to the reduction/elimination of any kr. My own car without fail would see 5º-8º kr. On the 3rd run after adding Torco, 0º kr. The only other time I saw 0º kr was with using straight Sonoco 105 unleaded. Torco also showed very positive results on a blown C5 with 12lbs boost. That car had 3º kr that went to 0º and in the process the car made 30 more rwhp due to no knock retard.
I mixed 1/2 a can with approximately 8 gallons of 91 octane to achieve my results.
I've tried a variety of different additives over the past year, but none produced the results that Torco did.
I'm not a Torco salesman, but am seriously considering becoming a dealer for this product. In short, it works great at eliminating kr issues, although I've not used this product for more than one tankfull of gas at a time.
I'm intersted to hear any feedback from others here.

Good luck,

Richard
Richard, I've been using it for over a year and it's tops. No issues with o2's or cats, either.

CHarlie
Old 02-23-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Torco Accelarator unleaded type.comes in 1quart can.only use it when going to the track and juicing.good stuff will usually leave a brown powdry dust on your plugs but its normal.