Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injector Horror Story (Internal engine related)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bronze123
best to ignore clubgp, honestly. they just like to complain and look at ****. sounds like zzp will offer you a refund or replacement, which in my book is sufficient enough
That's all I am asking for. Every product whether it is new or re-manufactured is going to have some problems sooner or later; that's the realistic way of looking at it. Even companies who manufacture some of the most important & precise pieces of equipment, e.g. microprocessors, medical equipment, engine parts etc. understand this and have methods of tracking such as 6 sigma to consider the rate of expected failures. I could have bought a brand spankin' new set of injectors and got a leaker... I just got plain ole down right unlucky... or did I?

What frusterates me is I really have to question if the injectors are actually flow matched and tested as advertised... or whether they literally just painted a set of used injectors and sent them to me. This I will never know since obviously they don't track anything. But as with all reputable vendors out there, I just have to take their word for it. However, I will say that if zzperformance keeps screwing people like they did me, their status as a 'reputable vendor' may nose dive quickly.

In addition, I think that the way zooomer has addressed the issue by literally saying, "**** happens", this may happen more quickly than he expects. Fortunately, we are in e-mail contact and he he seems to be approaching the matter a little more buisness-like in person.

Last edited by mattster03; 05-18-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow zoomer is very professional in how he presents himself huh?
Old 05-18-2011, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
wow zoomer is very professional in how he presents himself huh?
Unbelieveable.

The funny part is that he's trying to disassociate himself with the ebay sales... guess where my paypal funds went? To his PERSONAL e-mail .

I have a lot of words to type over there, but for some reason it's taking them forever to accept my new account so i can post .

Last edited by mattster03; 05-18-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 471 Likes on 304 Posts

Can someone tell me how flaking paint indicates in any way that an injector will not mechanically function properly?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by spanks13
Can someone tell me how flaking paint indicates in any way that an injector will not mechanically function properly?
I think the indication is if they let a product out the door looking that bad the quality of their work can't be that great.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 471 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
I think the indication is if they let a product out the door looking that bad the quality of their work can't be that great.
They sold a product that wasn't as advertised. I would probably be upset that they were ugly. If I was racing the next day they would definitely be going in the engine...calling the op an idiot is ridiculous.

I know I'm better with a wrench than a can of spray paint!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

I wouldnt call the OP an idiot either..I wouldnt have installed said items if they looked in that shape myself.I do agree that the paint doesnt affect how the injectors work,but if quality control thinks those are a pass..how trustworthy and reliable do you think the part will be.Buying a used part from another member makes you be more aware of the 50/50 chance the part might be junk and your prepared for that since your paying much less.Buying a used part from a company that has a warranty and is said to be cleaned and tested is where the issue comes into play.

I bought used injectors from FIC that were flow matched and refurbed that look 100% new..I was confident in that when I installed them.And because of how busy FIC was..my order was 3 weeks behind on shipping,he express mailed me an extra set just to make sure I was happy and had my car ready to be tuned the day I had scheduled at the dyno.Thats A+ service.I sent the original injectors back once I received them and all was well.

To the OP,hydrolocking..never good..no matter how much of the abuse the starter may have absorbed.Dont be surprised if that comes back to haunt you in a few more miles when rings dont seal and bearing let go.Dont ask how I know this for sure.I grenaded a ministarter this same way lol.500k later..my motor sang its last song.Stripped the motor down and thats when I found bent/cracked rods,scorred walls etc.Compression tests hides alot..and my old motor ran strong and made no noise/knock.Be careful running it hard without taking the head off to verify true internal damage.She might make power now..how long it will do it for is another question.For me..if I have to always second guess whether something will be ok or not..then its not good enough untill I know for sure.Good luck
Old 05-19-2011, 12:30 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

His starter broke off the engine, taking a chunk off the block as well. He pulled the header, had the block welded, replaced the starter and drove it a few more days. It ran fine. Then in the morning it was hard to start and the noise from the bent rod commenced.

Originally Posted by mattster03
could you explain this a little more? i'm not sure i understand the series of events...
Old 05-19-2011, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would have appreciated it if you would have let me work this out with the vendor first
Seriously? You posted it up on a forum period, you should have resolved it with the vendor before you went and complained on a massive forum like LS1tech.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Redbull87
I wouldnt call the OP an idiot either..I wouldnt have installed said items if they looked in that shape myself.I do agree that the paint doesnt affect how the injectors work,but if quality control thinks those are a pass..how trustworthy and reliable do you think the part will be.Buying a used part from another member makes you be more aware of the 50/50 chance the part might be junk and your prepared for that since your paying much less.Buying a used part from a company that has a warranty and is said to be cleaned and tested is where the issue comes into play.

I bought used injectors from FIC that were flow matched and refurbed that look 100% new..I was confident in that when I installed them.And because of how busy FIC was..my order was 3 weeks behind on shipping,he express mailed me an extra set just to make sure I was happy and had my car ready to be tuned the day I had scheduled at the dyno.Thats A+ service.I sent the original injectors back once I received them and all was well.

To the OP,hydrolocking..never good..no matter how much of the abuse the starter may have absorbed.Dont be surprised if that comes back to haunt you in a few more miles when rings dont seal and bearing let go.Dont ask how I know this for sure.I grenaded a ministarter this same way lol.500k later..my motor sang its last song.Stripped the motor down and thats when I found bent/cracked rods,scorred walls etc.Compression tests hides alot..and my old motor ran strong and made no noise/knock.Be careful running it hard without taking the head off to verify true internal damage.She might make power now..how long it will do it for is another question.For me..if I have to always second guess whether something will be ok or not..then its not good enough untill I know for sure.Good luck
Thank you, and thanks to the people who are finally actually taking a minute and uderstanding my situation. I didn't buy used injectors, I bought remanufactured and tested injectors from a reputable comany with a warranty and a guarantee... just like FIC and hundreds of other vendors do. Just so you guys know, those are pictures I took of the injectors after they were pulled on my car, as I mentioned earlier the 'dye' definitely doesn't stand up to gasoline that well. Obviously from my original post they looked horrible from the box, but nothing for me to think that I should discount the work that was done on them.

Regarding the engine. My plans were to go 383 + Nitrous next year which would mean I am replacing the entire rotating assembly, all my engine has to do is make it through another season. If the rod was ever-so-slightly bent I am not worried about a catostrophic failure without any preemptive warning signs... so I'm monitoring the situation closely. For now the car is singing it's song at 6,600RPM, making great power, and putting a big ole smile on my face. Just for clarity, did you mean 500 miles, 5,000 miles, 50,000 or really 500,000 miles?
Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP.. You will be lucky if they even accept you over at clubgp, I havent been over there for over a year, because they dont really help you with anything. They would rather call you a retard haha. As for zzp, I have never bought nothing more than a couple 02 extensions, and a iat extension from them. There was a guy over on gpforums.net that went thru 5 pcm's from them. One of the pcm's grenaded his engine and zzp wouldnt do **** about it. He finally had to get the attorney general involved and Im still not really sure how it all went.
After all the stories I have read about them, I will never buy anything mechanical from them. They may have treated alot of ppl very well before, but here lately it doesnt really seem that way.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Just for clarity, did you mean 500 miles, 5,000 miles, 50,000 or really 500,000 miles?
he meant 500 kilometers.

.......canadians lol
Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03impala9c1
he meant 500 kilometers.

.......canadians lol
oh man, I need another cup of coffee...
Old 05-19-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've said many, many times... Zooomer and ZZP are glorified garage mechanics. Period. They have learned a lot over the years, but their record with customer service and unprofessional behavior speaks for itself. There are a hilarious amount of ball swingers over on ClubGP though.

Hopefully you get your refund from them.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
There are a hilarious amount of ball swingers over on ClubGP though..
Big fish in a small lake with sewage runoff
Old 05-19-2011, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Actually if you read through the threads, they're sticking up for the OP. Just saying.

Hope the entire thing gets resolved!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:26 AM
12 Second Club

that "owner" of zzp is a real dick. haha like how pathetic does it get.

Last edited by disc0monkey; 05-20-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

If anyone is ever considering buying anything from zzp just read the thread on clubgp and look at how professionally zoomer behaves himself over there.

Never ever give that company money.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Their admin still hasn't approved my new account, so I can post over there. WTF?
Old 05-20-2011, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Their admin still hasn't approved my new account, so I can post over there. WTF?

If you want to post that bad I'll give you my account info and you can post under my name, LOL.

Quick Reply: Injector Horror Story (Internal engine related)