Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car still runs bad, anymore ideas???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011 | 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Default Car still runs bad, anymore ideas???

car still runs like crap, had loud tick noise commin from intake, pugged it in to a tuner said bad maf, and 02 sensors, cleaned maf, code wen away. i dont think the o2 sensors would cause car to run as rough as it is tho. car is also running really ritch but not burin fuel after it goes into the intake, computer said injectors were good.....??????????????? i have no idea...
Old 06-06-2011 | 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00Z28 ls1
car still runs like crap, had loud tick noise commin from intake, pugged it in to a tuner said bad maf, and 02 sensors, cleaned maf, code wen away. i dont think the o2 sensors would cause car to run as rough as it is tho. car is also running really ritch but not burin fuel after it goes into the intake, computer said injectors were good.....??????????????? i have no idea...
I have to ask - where did you find a tuner/computer that outputs information like "bad maf", "bad o2 sensors", and "injectors good". Mine just gives me diagnostic trouble codes.
Old 06-06-2011 | 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Darkman
I have to ask - where did you find a tuner/computer that outputs information like "bad maf", "bad o2 sensors", and "injectors good". Mine just gives me diagnostic trouble codes.

I remember seeing that on tv it was a lab scope they showed inside the engine where the valves had deposits and clogged fuel injectors. pretty nice stuff shops have. it was like I could see right in the engine

Old 06-06-2011 | 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

could be your o2s thin. May have to drive it around or somethin to get it to show another code for more info. since u have cleaned the maf.
Old 06-07-2011 | 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00Z28 ls1
bad O2 sensors wouldn't give your motor a "tick" noise nor would it cause it to run rough. it would though, like you said, cause your car to run really rich. exhaust would smell a lot stronger and your fuel economy would plummit.