Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil dipstick problems.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil dipstick problems.....

So after my rebuild on my 03 LM7 I had to get a new oil dipstick housing....... The dealer says they dont make the same one anymore but they make one that is specfic for that model just with a wider range of years. So I purchased it and filled the engine with oil 6.0qts and it was right at the 5 dot. but my check engine oil level indicator came on. so I over filled it about a half qt just to see if it turned off and it did. I was wondering could that housing for that dipstick be shorter because I wasnt down to buy the new dipstick at 80 effin dollars. NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Or during my rebuild could they have somehow put a bigger oil pan in it???
Old 06-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Just looking for input people. I was trying to see if I could find out if there is more than one type of oil pan for that engine. To possibly save some time and money in research and parts.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Id say you got a shorter dip stick... I know mine takes just over 6.5 quarts to fill it
Old 06-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Teching In

I was thinking the same I just dont think a piece of sheet metal with 2 "o" rings and a plastic gromet is worth 80 dollars. Thats a tank of gas. Ill probably end up biting the bullet with this one and buy it.

Quick Reply: Oil dipstick problems.....