Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Major Oil leak before cam swap,,, need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Major Oil leak before cam swap,,, need help

before i tore into my motor i had an oil leak at the rear of the motor, i changed out the oil pressure switch and the leak went away for maybe a day and then a major oil leak at the rear started.... by major i mean when it started to leak it looked like a constant drip, as if you had cut your finger off. it would drip very slowly if at all untill the motor would warm up and then it would turn into a constant flow of oil dripping off the bottom bolts of the lower oil pan. i traced the leak best i could but could never located the leak (thinking its the rear main). here is the thing when tore into the motor to swap cams i took the intake off to inspect the oil pressure switch and it was covered in oil............... could this be my major leak... the firts time the oil pressure switch leaked it only dripped oil... now once the motor warms up i have a major leak.

Im wondering what ya'll think, has anyone ever heard of such a bad leak? should i pull the block and inspect the rear main, the crank plug? should i just put the motor back together install a new oil pressure switch and go from there????? dont want to mess up my new cam
Old 07-14-2011, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you installed the new oil sensor you didnt crack it did you? did you mess with the oil pan at all?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LSjim
when you installed the new oil sensor you didnt crack it did you? did you mess with the oil pan at all?
nope i didnt crack the sensor when i installed it... buttttt when i removed the sensor i noticed that the pressure washer was only colapsed in one small spot the rest of the washer was non colapsed....