Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what kind of springs for a gm hotcam?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004 | 01:22 PM
Launching!

ok. so i called the gm dealershit that is right across the street. they want $800-$1000 for a cam and spring install. no parts!!!! wholy freekin a!!!! lol. doesnt the hotcam kit come with new retainers? maybe im thinking of something else... probably mixed something up... ive got one more quick question for you hotcam guys. do you have ported and or polisted TB? did you need to drill the hole out anymore on the TB "flap" to make the car idle better, or is LS1 edit gonna fix that for me?
Old 03-11-2004 | 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

The hotcam kit comes with a cam, springs, and SEATS/SHIMS (not retainers).

$800- $1000 ?!?!?!?!?

LS1Edit will definitely help the car idle better, plus you can turn off misfire codes at idle, adjust PEvsRPM for WOT performance, etc....

I ported my own TB which should not effect your idle at all if done right.
I did however have to adjust the idle screw a tiny bit for the prefect idle since my IACs were too high.

Tommy
Old 03-11-2004 | 01:35 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

$800 cam & springs is the going rate for reputable performance shops down here.
Old 03-11-2004 | 03:16 PM
Launching!

wow. florida.... im getting mine done for less than 1/2 that!! i was looking at the thunder racing TB thats ported. i guess id have to send mine in. but shoot, for $150 is it worth it? its crappy because there is always something else you got to do. after the cam, im sure ill need more suspension stuff. then a rear end. then a clutch (maybe not in that order) so... its a can of worms. but i say screw it. im young. no wife, no kids. im gonna have fun while i can. fast cars ROCK!