Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bottom end build question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bottom end build question?

I am getting my lq4 ready to go and decided to do the rod bolts since evryone recomends them to be changed but should I also do the bearings the motor only has 23k on it so would it be worth changing them.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You could do the bearings, personally I would leave them alone, with that low of miles as long as they look good,,HOWEVER.. There are a ton of post on here about just changing the rod bolts. I would never do it unless I had them all out of the engine, and then take them to the machine shop to make sure they dont need to be re-sized or anything. Not going to get into the clamp force, distortion, argument. Just do some searching, there are alot of guys on this site who have changed them with no issues. And there are alot of guys on here who ended up grenading their engine after doing this. You will hear arguments on both sides of this,. Make up your own mind though. If you do decide to do it,, The best luck I have seen on this site has been with the Katech bolts. I had a set a while back didnt use them, sold them they were nice quality.

BTW: I used to live in Canton off of market and 19th, for 11 years,, How you guys liking this years heat..
Old 07-30-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx for the reply if I do them I might just do katechs since they don't need resized and ya its been crazy hot the past work I actually moved to navarre now just haven't changed it on here yet