Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Darth Vader....Your LSx Stroker is ready!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^what he said!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Motor junkies need fix YO !!!!! Please fill the needle sir !!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by A.R. Shale Targa
Motor junkies need fix YO !!!!! Please fill the needle sir !!!!!
I'm Jonesing!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ls68firebird
summer's damn near gone and you didn't get that motor into the car. How bout an update. I really want to see how it does.
Blame this acquisition I cant stop working on.....LOL

(Dont mind the crappy cellphone pics and the water spots from the recent bath!)

Sorry guys....my Vette completely hates me right now and I aim to get back on it soon with the first order of business being the last round of dyno testing.

I promise Vader will see some of the minuscule amount of free time I have left in the next month or two! (think of it like the hardcore Star Wars fans waiting till the next installment of the trilogy.....LOL)

Sorry guys....I appreciate all your enthusiasm about the engine and I respect that you want to see it perform in the car! (and naturally so do I)

Tony Mamo needs to find a way to sustain life with less than the four to five hours of sleep I average now! (then perhaps I could knock a few more projects off the list with the little bit of extra time that affords me)

Anyway....I promise you guys will be the first to know when this project gets in high gear again and I really do feel bad about the retarded delay.

Cheers,
Tony
Old 09-19-2012, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Meanwhile, maybe some more pics and info on that Caddy. Looks good Tony!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:06 AM
TECH Addict

Let me drop that 454 off in my GXP and do some testing for ya.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Launching!

you know----I am sure there are probably many qualified people on this site that would love to help you out for free if all they got in return was a small amount of time to pick your brain. I am, unfortunately, woefully underqualified to even stand in your presence. But if I lived close, you can bet i would be sweeping the floors and scrubbing toilets just to learn. Just Saying!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Damn beautiful car Tony! I can't wait to take a ride in it.

Roger T.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Judging from the tar-paper shanties in the background I'd assume life can't
be too bad for Tony these days......
Old 11-10-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

Ditto. I'm starting to wonder if by now Tony has a stake in ownership at AFR given he's in charge of the design work for their entire head lineup. Nitch companies like AFR in this business aren't exactly big Fortune 500 firms, lol.

Congrats Tony!

Jason
Old 11-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Default Darth Vader is here for his LSX Stroker

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
Blame this acquisition I cant stop working on.....LOL

(Dont mind the crappy cellphone pics and the water spots from the recent bath!)

Sorry guys....my Vette completely hates me right now and I aim to get back on it soon with the first order of business being the last round of dyno testing.

I promise Vader will see some of the minuscule amount of free time I have left in the next month or two! (think of it like the hardcore Star Wars fans waiting till the next installment of the trilogy.....LOL)

Sorry guys....I appreciate all your enthusiasm about the engine and I respect that you want to see it perform in the car! (and naturally so do I)

Tony Mamo needs to find a way to sustain life with less than the four to five hours of sleep I average now! (then perhaps I could knock a few more projects off the list with the little bit of extra time that affords me)

Anyway....I promise you guys will be the first to know when this project gets in high gear again and I really do feel bad about the retarded delay.

Cheers,
Tony
Tony, so this is the stroker engine home. Nice!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build and thanks for the write up. Looking forward to the next installments.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 593 Likes on 471 Posts

How do I look up the actual address using a plate? How hard would it be to have it towed to my house? I need to learn to keep my thoughts to myself. LOL. Nice hood Tony $$$$$$$
Old 11-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Flow Wizard

Just thought I would revisit my own thread quickly....LOL (saw a couple of you guys brought it back to the top)

Nothing much has changed on status but I wanted to say I appreciate all of you who have followed this thread with interest. I promise it will have a happy ending someday with the last round of engine dyno work, chassis dyno results and in car video but God only knows when that will be.

Between helping alot of you folks go fast and the recent CTSV acquisition which I have been playing with and obtaining alot of goodies for some cool future mods (I'm actually working on porting a brand new Eaton factory blower that I will do an A/B test versus my stock un-ported unit) I simply have no extra time to breathe and my personal stuff unfortunately always comes last. The CTSV has actually added to my work load because I have been porting alot or TB's for the 2009+ CTSV, and Escalade/truck crowd as well (same unit).....these things are horrible out of the box and a properly ported TB just transforms the drivability of these vehicles a huge amount (and it adds about 10 RWHP or so)....has to be the best bang for the buck on the planet in both the vehicles I mentioned. After I ported my own I was so happy with the results I offered a money back guarantee on anyone who wanted something similar (no takers yet on the full refund and I have ported a few dozen by now easily!).

Anyway, regarding my personal projects I try to stay motivated and focused and do my best to make a small bit of headway as often as I can....but unfortunately its baby steps

Spread too thin is an understatement but I'm not complaining because I enjoy what I do and I enjoy helping you guys as well.....I just wish I had more time to do both!

If some of you reading have the time check this out.....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ed-1le-ss.html

Its a thread with some recent results Im kind of proud of. F-Body, small cam (220's intake lobe), power robbing F-Body driveline (auto with a built 9" and a loose 3200 converter that flashes to well over 4K in the logs)....this baby put down 450 to the ground and carried to 7K like it had ALOT more cam than it does. Thats the beauty of smaller, but very optimized cylinder heads ("Mamofied" 215's in this case), and good complimenting parts to support them. Big power with an extremely explosive package and excellent drivability....unlike trying to make the same with the typical big head, big cam formula that leaves alot to be desired any time the tach is south of 4K

Seeing as this thread is migrating to Mamo Twitter page I thought I would share The power and torque curve this motor produced is extremely sexy!

Alright guys....Im out.....thanks for all the support and hanging in there with me on he 454 saga! Enjoy the Thanksgiving break next week....

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by Tony Mamo @ AFR; 11-18-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

"I have been porting alot or TB's for the 2009+ CTSV, and Escalade/truck crowd as well (same unit).....these things are horrible out of the box and a properly ported TB just transforms the drivability of car a huge amount and it adds about 10 RWHP or so....has to be the best bang for the buck on the planet"

I hope that is good news for me. I am putting an L92 in my car but with a LS3 intake manifold and TB. Had the throttle body ported and I hope Tony's message also applies to the LS3 TB.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Launching!

Santa has come and gone without leaving any good stuff, The Myan's got the date wrong, and new years is just around the corner without any good news on the horizon. All of these letdowns pale in comparison, to say a bad *** motor left to rot in some forgotten corner of a shop by someone too "busy" to explore it's full tire shredding ability. Hope this guilts you into working on it soon.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey tony, i think its time for an update on the vader motor. i (along with everyone else on tech) wana see what this bad boy can do!!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:01 AM
Flow Wizard

Originally Posted by 02sslayer
hey tony, i think its time for an update on the vader motor. i (along with everyone else on tech) wana see what this bad boy can do!!
Unfortunately its sleeping soundly in my shop right now (in shortblock form at least....no heads on it).

I decided to use if for some cylinder head R&D and will be making some changes to the heads I was running as well as potentially testing two other heads back to back over a couple of days on the dyno. It would be alot of work requiring three sets of custom pushrods and what not but thats the current plan. The fly in the ointment is the third set of heads is still months from completion.

I promise you at some point this engine will be in my car and I will have some dyno, track, and really cool video footage of its performance but once again the heartbreaker in this thread is its not going to happen anytime soon now that I have decided to use it for some really cool R&D experimentation.

The good news for a couple of you is I will have two pairs of really killer heads for sale because I don't expect a huge margin of victory for either of the three heads I will be testing (note I will have alot of time and money tied up in all six castings all of which are fitted with hollow stem valves on both intake and exhaust).

Anyway....thats the update....its more fun bringing you guys exciting updates I assure you and in some respects what I have planned is very exciting....its just too far away for most racers patience level....my own included but I am so busy helping alot of you go fast, I usually don't have much time in the day left to myself anyway. Another issue which notably extends this process (but does help finance it!).

Hang in there....once again appreciate all of you that have followed this with interest. Please don't throw in the towel....at some point this thread will get exciting again I promise you.

Cheers,
Tony

PS....I don't have to tell the sharper among you that this type of testing/R&D/learning is what ultimately helps all of you go faster. Its the very essence of the hobby but the time required for some of this stuff when you don't have a Nascar budget, crew, and facility is painful. I'm dying to experience the Vette with this engine in it....it should be a scary ripping fast ride!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:32 PM
10 Second Club

I just read through twelve pages of "Tony Mamo" built 454 action, to see he settled for a CTS-V. Damn! I need to at least ride in one of these to see what it's all about. LOL

Well Tony, when the time comes, I'll be here awaiting the results. (Thread Subscribed) Congrats on one hell of a start. The engine looks phenomenal as I'm sure that would be an understatement to its performance.

Good Luck!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

even god took a brake.sweet ride .wish I had a big bore motor for those heads.engine builders work some long hours.

Quick Reply: Darth Vader....Your LSx Stroker is ready!!