Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Darth Vader....Your LSx Stroker is ready!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Great stuff Tony. Those new MMS 220 heads sound like a possible game changer for us stock cube guys.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the effort that went into this
Old 03-13-2015, 08:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 388 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulC
I appreciate the effort that went into this
Thanks Paul.....an "effort" it certainly was! She is sleeping for now....to be awakened by a set of MMS LS7 style heads.

Not sure when that will happen (my plate is extremely full right now), but I'm working on the port design as time permits (a little here and a little there....whenever I can steal a few hours). Moving 412 CFM currently and I have hopes of pushing it to 415-420 CFM.....that would be the most flow I have ever seen on my bench (by a good margin), even when I review some of the data from the larger aftermarket LS7 castings I have had the opportunity to flow test.

Good stuff....look forward to the day I slide that bag off the engine and start digging into it again

Cheers,
Tony

www.mamomotorsports.com

Tony@MamoMotorsports.com

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Build it right the first time....its alot cheaper than building it twice!!
Old 05-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
Thanks Paul.....an "effort" it certainly was! She is sleeping for now....to be awakened by a set of MMS LS7 style heads.

Not sure when that will happen (my plate is extremely full right now), but I'm working on the port design as time permits (a little here and a little there....whenever I can steal a few hours). Moving 412 CFM currently and I have hopes of pushing it to 415-420 CFM.....that would be the most flow I have ever seen on my bench (by a good margin), even when I review some of the data from the larger aftermarket LS7 castings I have had the opportunity to flow test.

Good stuff....look forward to the day I slide that bag off the engine and start digging into it again

Cheers,
Tony
I've spent maybe the last 45mins reading everything on this engine . Make's me sad to hear it might not go in the car . I had Steve do my block also. I was apart of the LS7 lovely dropping exhaust valve issue last year, at Westtech's chassis dyno with Erin. Long story short had Manley ,Mahle and a few other sponsors help out. I got it on the road again. You sound like a great guy. Remind me of Guy Tripp from the professional attention to detail aspect. Hope to see you car on the road ! I'm only 20mins away maybe go cruise PCH
Old 05-28-2015, 02:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 388 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by One Bad Duramax
I've spent maybe the last 45mins reading everything on this engine . Make's me sad to hear it might not go in the car . I had Steve do my block also. I was apart of the LS7 lovely dropping exhaust valve issue last year, at Westtech's chassis dyno with Erin. Long story short had Manley ,Mahle and a few other sponsors help out. I got it on the road again. You sound like a great guy. Remind me of Guy Tripp from the professional attention to detail aspect. Hope to see you car on the road ! I'm only 20mins away maybe go cruise PCH
This version of the engine wont see the inside of my fenderwells but another version might in the future! (Or I sell it to the right guy to see the results sooner! )

I know "Tripper" very well of course having spent alot of time with him working at AFR.....extremely talented Engineer and most things machining and automotive related....truly passionate as well. (And yes....we are both extremely detailed oriented....sometimes to a fault!).

Glad you enjoyed the thread.....Im sure our paths will cross someday....seems like we are close enough and know the same people!

Cheers,
Tony

www.mamomotorsports.com

Tony@MamoMotorsports.com

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Build it right the first time....its alot cheaper than building it twice!!

Quick Reply: Darth Vader....Your LSx Stroker is ready!!