Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on Patriot situation...Everyone please read!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 11:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear you have to sell you car now Todd.. thats sad
Old 03-04-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont necessarily have to...its just my best bet. Im in a bit over my head, and will be more so shortly. I think that finding a used motor and sellin is the way to go.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pdd
I'm not the one who's stupid. You don't even know me pal.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:11 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Since it doesn't look like Hugh will allow Terry at PP to do the right thing...here is a link to an LS6 short block that's for sale.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144989

Watch the link - it leads to the Southern forum...and we define flame, bash, cuss & spit on the side walk. Mostly new visitors and vendors w/bad customer service but sometimes each other too.
I would wait a little longer on this one! I think ALOT of people are going to feel pretty stupid. Wait until ALL the facts come out.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

got any of those facts to share?
Old 03-04-2004, 04:58 PM
TECH Veteran

If I post a sign on my property indicating that I am not responsible for harm casued if you fall on my stairs it will NOT protect me from liability if the mailman falls and breaks his neck. Just a plain matter of law.

The same concept applies to warranties that are provided by sellers of speed parts. If I am a vendor and post a notice that my product is only warrantied for this or that, it does not overright the concept in the law of an implied warranty.

Example: Ford sells an SUV and buyers pay valid consideration for a product that is presumed to be free of material defects. If the design of the vehicle causes it to flip and injure people, however, FORD is liable for any harm caused! This would include the costs of a replacement vehicle, medical damages, pain and suffering, loss of wages, damage to others' property ...and on and on and on....

So what can we infer from this example? If I purchase an aftermarket cylinder head and pay valid consideration I can expect under the legal concept of impied warranty that it is free of material defects. The fact that the vendor may post a warranty that says he will replace the head under certain conditions is nice but it does NOT remove his obligation to cover damages under the implied warranty concept.

Under the law, he is liable for damages casued to the short block that resulted from the imploding cylinder head. This assumes the short block was damaged as a result of a defective head that was purchased for valid consideration.

My advice: see a friendly lawyer who can make a few phone calls on your behalf.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea todd you dont now all the facts yet LOL . They will show you how its all your fault .

LOL

Glad you got something back atleast. But they still owe ya a motor in my book.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Launching!

Really makes you want to run out and buy some "PATRIOT HEADS" doesnt it.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Launching!

dont think ill be buying these heads
Old 03-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Launching!

I think everyone is over exaggerating what happened. 1 set of heads had a valve seat come out, and todd seems to think it is patriots fault. There are a lot of factors in a valve seat comming out. When heads are ported and polished the seats are never touched, it could have happened to anyone...ie MTI, GTP, LGM...etc I would buy Patriot heads again and not even think twice about it.

Way to blow it out of proportion

Last edited by ls1itldo; 03-04-2004 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike98WS6
I'm not the one who's stupid. You don't even know me pal.
is basically saying he agrees with you FYI its not no fightin words
Old 03-04-2004, 07:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1itldo
When heads are ported and polished the seats are never touched, it could have happened to anyone...ie MTI, GTP, LGM...etc I would buy Patriot heads and not even think twice about it.

the seats are touched for the valve job...though they are probably never removed from the head itself they are touched by at least a machine FYI
Old 03-04-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by foff667
is basically saying he agrees with you FYI its not no fightin words
I guess I took it the wrong way then. Hopefully this was a very isolated incident about what happened to Todd. I feel bad for the guy.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ls1itldo
I think everyone is over exaggerating what happened. 1 set of heads had a valve seat come out, and todd seems to think it is patriots fault. There are a lot of factors in a valve seat comming out. When heads are ported and polished the seats are never touched, it could have happened to anyone...ie MTI, GTP, LGM...etc I would buy Patriot heads again and not even think twice about it.

Maybe loosing a valve seat is an isolated condition but lacking QC hasnt been. Do some research. I honestly think that PP is lucky that they havent dealt with a complete motor failure until just now.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

THey dont touch the seats but IMO that doesnt alleviate them from reponsibility. They've sold tons of those heads, made more than their fair share of profit, and can suck a hard one as far as Im concerned if they dont get this guy a new engine..,

Bad news travels fast, and not providing a TIMELY acceptable solution to Todds problem has cost them a small fortune in future lost revenue. I have personally steered two sets away from them in the last two weeks...
Old 03-05-2004, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Correct me if Im wrong but didn't he blow a motor once before spraying with this very same set of heads??? If so were the heads magnafluxed to check for stress cracks? If what I am told is true then the blame does not lay with Patriot but with Todd himself. I know If I blew my engine spraying I would be buying a new set of heads regardless of how good they looked.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

How about you read ALL of the posts before you make an accusation?! I bought these heads because I toasted a valve itself on my STOCK heads over a month and a half or more ago. The Patriot heads had 50 miles, and no spray when I had my problem
Old 03-05-2004, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Todd@DiscountTireDirect
How about you read ALL of the posts before you make an accusation?! I bought these heads because I toasted a valve itself on my STOCK heads over a month and a half or more ago. The Patriot heads had 50 miles, and no spray when I had my problem
Thats why I stated correct me if Im wrong. I was told this by somebody else on the board.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:05 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Whistler
THey dont touch the seats but IMO that doesnt alleviate them from reponsibility. They've sold tons of those heads, made more than their fair share of profit, and can suck a hard one as far as Im concerned if they dont get this guy a new engine..,

Bad news travels fast, and not providing a TIMELY acceptable solution to Todds problem has cost them a small fortune in future lost revenue. I have personally steered two sets away from them in the last two weeks...
Mabye they should just buy him a new car? What if ALL the information Todd gave wasn't true? And post like yours cost some one business. What if alot of people just trusted in what Todd said. I really wouldn't want to be Todd!!!! Penny wise dollar dumb. Lawyers aren't cheap.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

You sure do talk a lot about me. Gotta crush?