Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on Patriot situation...Everyone please read!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Mabye they should just buy him a new car? What if ALL the information Todd gave wasn't true? And post like yours cost some one business. What if alot of people just trusted in what Todd said. I really wouldn't want to be Todd!!!! Penny wise dollar dumb. Lawyers aren't cheap.
nah.. you have it all wrong.. Terry should give him a set of replacement heads, a new car AND a new house... Who cares whether or not we know for sure PP was liable.. It's much for fun to just have a witch hunt with a vendor and try to bring him down before all the facts are out, right?

I'm sure my seats are ready to go at any second.. Because after all, these sorts of problems never happen with the other vendors heads
Old 03-05-2004, 03:35 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Todd@DiscountTireDirect
You sure do talk a lot about me. Gotta crush?
Info leaks, I don't believe in what you were trying to do. Sorry! Still buying the new GTO?
Old 03-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Damn,so many PP nutswingers.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Info leaks, I don't believe in what you were trying to do. Sorry! Still buying the new GTO?
info leaks from other peoples mouths that make up stories.

And yes...eventually Ill have a GTO.

I'm 6'3 220 blonde hair and hazel eyes too. Anything else you want to know?
Old 03-05-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Andy, aka LastLs1....

Its funny, but I actually know you. Ive seen your car in IL. LASTLS1 plates. Pretty stout car. But...Im curious. You obviously have your own agenda with these posts. Looking back, youve stirred the pot quite a bit. Was it me, in ANY post, that truly bashed Patriot? Is that your perception of the situation? I posted a genuine, factual story of what happened, and how it was handled. Regardless of whether or not you think it was right, I think everyone deserves to know...and make their own decisions. For you, and anyone else needing to dig in to my personal, or private life for your own benefit, Patriots, or to cause me personal harm, is simply not right. I wasnt the one that let the threads get out of control. And as I have stated...Im not anti-patriot. Theres at least 10 people recently that said they were scared about their incoming Patriot orders that I told not to be, because I was most likely an isolated incident. It is not for you to judge, or anyone else here except for Terry who is in possession of my heads.

Ive answered everyones questions. Ive addressed past issues. And will continue to do so for valid questions and comments. But the twisted stuff you, or someone elses vendictive mind makes up...Im out of it. Say what you will.

Last edited by Todd@DiscountTireDirect; 03-05-2004 at 04:27 PM. Reason: adding a name
Old 03-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still feel bad for you Todd. I still believe you should get a new motor.
Also for those of you who think that this isn't PP fault then why in the hell is PP giving Todd his $$$ back? They realize their heads fuked up and if they thought anything different I am sure they would have made us aware.

Good luck again, and thanks for making us aware.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

info leaks from other peoples mouths that make up stories.

And yes...eventually Ill have a GTO.

I'm 6'3 220 blonde hair and hazel eyes too. Anything else you want to know?
Todd - you hunk you
Old 03-05-2004, 04:52 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Andy, aka LastLs1....

Its funny, but I actually know you. Ive seen your car in IL. LASTLS1 plates. Pretty stout car. But...Im curious. You obviously have your own agenda with these posts. Looking back, youve stirred the pot quite a bit. Was it me, in ANY post, that truly bashed Patriot? Is that your perception of the situation? I posted a genuine, factual story of what happened, and how it was handled. Regardless of whether or not you think it was right, I think everyone deserves to know...and make their own decisions. For you, and anyone else needing to dig in to my personal, or private life for your own benefit, Patriots, or to cause me personal harm, is simply not right. I wasnt the one that let the threads get out of control. And as I have stated...Im not anti-patriot. Theres at least 10 people recently that said they were scared about their incoming Patriot orders that I told not to be, because I was most likely an isolated incident. It is not for you to judge, or anyone else here except for Terry who is in possession of my heads.

Ive answered everyones questions. Ive addressed past issues. And will continue to do so for valid questions and comments. But the twisted stuff you, or someone elses vendictive mind makes up...Im out of it. Say what you will.
No Todd, you don't know me. Even though I have family in Gilbert, Az. and have been there no less than 20 times! Btw I'm 5'10'' 245. Brown hair and eyes. Your point? You just trying to tell me your tall and skinny?
Old 03-05-2004, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

you seemed so interested in my life I figured that was the only thing you didnt know so far. Yup, tall & skinny.

Now...whats your issue? Say it here, or use my number. You can call my cell too I just called you
Old 03-05-2004, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
I still feel bad for you Todd. I still believe you should get a new motor.
Also for those of you who think that this isn't PP fault then why in the hell is PP giving Todd his $$$ back? They realize their heads fuked up and if they thought anything different I am sure they would have made us aware.

Good luck again, and thanks for making us aware.
I told Todd I would replace his heads,we have a replacement warranty,even though we are not sure of the exact cause.I am currently out of the 5.7L heads that he purchased.Rather than have him wait until we have them,I called and told him I will send him the money,that he gladly recieved.We ported a factory GM head,that has a factory installed seat.Performing a 5 angle valve job does not effect the fitment of the seat.There has only been 1 seat failure in over 10,000 seats that are in the field.None of verified seat failures was installed by Patriot.Its unfortunant this event has occured.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

This thread is going way off tangent and has nothing to do with the original problem. Get back on topic please.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Banned

Thanks for the same comment I have read 200 times now Terry.
I dont really give a damn if this is the 1st time or the 10th. All I know is that you said yourself you do 50+ heads per week. Great only one problem in the LS1 world. I will say that is a very good ratio. With just one problem and 50+ heads per week I would think you would beable to take a little better care of a customer.
I have also read it isn't you yourself that makes the decisions. Different strokes for different folks I guess, however I wouldn't work for someone who wouldn't step foward and handle this in the way I saw fit. What if this happened to you would you be okay happy with a garbage short block and rental car? I wouldn't. That is just me though I guess.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TVWilkes
I told Todd I would replace his heads,we have a replacement warranty,even though we are not sure of the exact cause.I am currently out of the 5.7L heads that he purchased.Rather than have him wait until we have them,I called and told him I will send him the money,that he gladly recieved.We ported a factory GM head,that has a factory installed seat.Performing a 5 angle valve job does not effect the fitment of the seat.There has only been 1 seat failure in over 10,000 seats that are in the field.None of verified seat failures was installed by Patriot.Its unfortunant this event has occured.
The heads were purchased from G.M. then modified. They are no longer G.M. heads and you do not advertise them as such. You advertise them as Patriot Heads, so the seat failure responsibility falls on Patriot. Ive been coming to these boards since 1999 and never read 1 story of a seat failure on a stock head. If Todd is happy with his refund than so be it, I would not be. I truly have lost respect for the company in question.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Mabye they should just buy him a new car? What if ALL the information Todd gave wasn't true? And post like yours cost some one business. What if alot of people just trusted in what Todd said. I really wouldn't want to be Todd!!!! Penny wise dollar dumb. Lawyers aren't cheap.
Simple facts are the ONLY two that know the entire situation are Todd and his techs... anything ANYONE else says, tries to say, guess about, figured about etc is BS. I find it funny that everyone all the sudden knows he sprayed, and knows he blew the engine apart, and they somehow all flew to AZ and inspected his engine both times so they know the entire story...

Good going guys! Wish I could diagnose problems over the internet without seeing anything and just guessing whats wrong to suit my own needs!
Old 03-05-2004, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

Question

Has the real cause of the seat failure been determined?
Old 03-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Banned

"""""We ported a factory GM head,that has a factory installed seat.Performing a 5 angle valve job does not effect the fitment of the seat.There has only been 1 seat failure in over 10,000 seats that are in the field.None of verified seat failures was installed by Patriot.Its unfortunant this event has occured.""""""

And another thing PP (Terry), lets just say the heads you used were bad from GM. You got unlucky on this one. However lets say this never happened, and the bad 5.3 heads that GM made were installed on a truck. A truck that was a special order. Lets say you ordered this truck, went and picked it up and the next day the damn thing blew up. Would it be okay for GM to say well the seats were bad in the heads, and the seats are made by xxxxxx. Therefore we will give you a new set of heads but wont replace you motor, or pay for your rental car. WTF would this make since????
In many ways this is exactly what is happening. YOU MADE A BAD PRODUCT. Take you ego out of your *** and make it right.
I dont know Todd and he probally dosen't even care who I am, I am just looking at his bad luck as if it were to happen to me and what I would expect in return.
Why should he have to be out 3+thousand dollars because of a mistake on your part???
Dont take this personal towards you Terry, and feel free to foward this to your boss/ owner. Sometimes owners need to look at things in a customer's line of sight. Without "us" there is no "you"..............
Make things wright and I will even reconsider buying a set of heads. Not because I think your heads are the best but because you will earn a ton of respect from not just me but everyone that feel the same way I do.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Having fun?

Is character assassination OK under the new guidelines?

Last edited by 99 Black Bird T/A; 03-06-2004 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-06-2004, 12:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Some folks need to lighten up on Terry. It's clear his hands are tied. I don't think Terry should be the boy for a decision the owner made. Terry won't make the owner change his mind.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Justin99TA
Correct me if Im wrong but didn't he blow a motor once before spraying with this very same set of heads??? If so were the heads magnafluxed to check for stress cracks? If what I am told is true then the blame does not lay with Patriot but with Todd himself. I know If I blew my engine spraying I would be buying a new set of heads regardless of how good they looked.
You are dead wrong, those were stock heads which I saw with my own eyes.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:47 AM
TECH Junkie

What if ALL the information Todd gave wasn't true?
Every ounce of information Todd posted was true. Todd has terrific character, and has built up too much of a great reputation with dozens of vendors (as a vendor himself) to **** it away on something like this. Working with vendors is part of his job. Todd wouldn't **** away his career for a few thousand dollars.

I provide expert testimony in courts as well as provide litigation support in matters of white collared business crimes. One false statement in a matter such as this and I throw a promising career out the toilet. I would absolutely testify to the fact that everything Todd has said is true, and there is no way I'd risk my entire career and a CPA license by covering up the truth to help a buddy get a few thousand dollars.