Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on Patriot situation...Everyone please read!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys this is the last time I'll talk about this.

When Todd bought those heads there was NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.

Terry gave the guy his money back for the purchase of the heads as a good gesture.

The rest of the whining and complaining you are doing is literally being laughed at by many experienced racers on this site.

If you can't handle the fact that aftermarket parts are warrantied and not ancilliary damage caused by the failure of the part LEAVE YOUR CARS STOCK!!

READ ANY WARRANTY BY ANY VENDOR ON THIS SITE!

It is getting tiring and frustrating to read this **** all the time. And unlike you guys I HAVE to read all these threads as a moderator.

Now please STFU and give this a rest. Todd and Terry have worked out an arrangement.

Chris
Old 03-06-2004, 10:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Chris ARE 360

Terry gave the guy his money back for the purchase of the heads as a good gesture.

The rest of the whining and complaining you are doing is literally being laughed at by many experienced racers on this site.

If you can't handle the fact that aftermarket parts are warrantied and not ancilliary damage caused by the failure of the part LEAVE YOUR CARS STOCK!!

It is getting tiring and frustrating to read this **** all the time. And unlike you guys I HAVE to read all these threads as a moderator.

Now please STFU and give this a rest. Todd and Terry have worked out an arrangement.

Chris

THANK YOU!

Clint
Old 03-06-2004, 11:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris nailed it beautifully.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Chris
Sucks to be you ... I get to skim them, mostly ignoring all of it. HA HA
Old 03-06-2004, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris

summed up exactly what i was thinking
Old 03-06-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

So the guy's new heads grenade his engine after 50 miles and your response is that he should have left it stock? Patriot came up with their current warranty after Todd's problem occured to cover them under Magnusson-Moss, and that's fine. But if you sell a product with no written warranty, there is an implied warranty.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is about time someone put an end to this crap.

I agree, if you don't want it to brake, leave it stock.

David
Old 03-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do any of us on here whant to break their cars??? NO...
Are any of us stock???? NO....
So throw that damn statement out the window.
Basicially you are saying we should all no longer mod are cars because none of us want to break. So if this were true every company out there would have to close their doors. Damn that dumb...... There is a chance that most of us are willing to take.
I just find it hard to believe PP isn't going to fix what their heads messed up.
Throw the warrenty out the door here. That is just a long line of bullshit to cover their asses. Looks like the warrenty is working because they are geting away with very little here because of their warrenty.
We all think differently on this matter, I just try and put Todd's shoes on and try to explain what I would want in return if this were to happen to me.
If comp misground a cam and blew screwed the whole motor up I am sure they have the same warrenty in place. Thats great. I would just hope they would realize they are a big company and their product caused a whole bunch of other stuff to go bad and fix what was wrong.
Remember going in those stores back in the days with the tags on the products "you break it you buy it"? Too bad more people dont see this in the same light as I do. That's okay I can debate all day by myself.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:52 PM
9 Second Club

HEY.............how about the phrase "YOU GOTTA PAY TO PLAY"......
PP is one of the best companies out there!
Old 03-06-2004, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Exclamation

Chris
Thak you Chris !!!
Old 03-07-2004, 02:25 AM
Restricted User

JZ'sTA.. please re-read this part....Now please STFU and give this a rest!

Chris keep up the mod'ing.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Staging Lane

I think you're all on crack! The most important thing I got from the first 7 pages was that a sponsors product failed, they were good enough to offer replacement, and since that was not available or not wanted (which ever the case) they refunded the money. I'd be pissed too if something failed and toasted my engine. I personally wouldn't expect any more than PP is doing though. If an axle broke, and sent me to a wall, I wouldn't expect the mfg to replace my car... Some of you people are nuts!! And the fear of this kind of liability is what drives prices up. I think the moderators are right to try to keep this thread clean. The fact is however, there are 7 pages of posts with more than 50% being anti PP. This thing should be locked up. If I was PP I'd yank my sponsorship to this site for allowing the bashing to continue. Todd, your situation sucks. I wouldn't want to be there myself. From all of your posts I think you're just as sick of the bashing as I and many others are. For those asslickers who wouldn't settle for less than a new motor and compensation for the rental, you all should have your cars taken from you and you should be riding a Huffy. If you're worried about breaking **** and recouping loss if this happens, keep your turds stock and drive your warranty to the track. Be content with 12.8-13.4 bullet proof rides... Make sure however, GM doesn't find out you broke your **** on the track. That's abuse of their product and no matter how many tears hit the floor in the service dept, you're **** out of luck. Sorry about the rant.. Todd, sorry about the failure. Terry, sorry about the failure. But **** HAPPENS people! It's THE risk you take buying aftermarket parts.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 173 Likes on 117 Posts

If you don't want to take the big chance stay all GM. They spend way way more in R&D than any other sponsor on here. But I didn't get any waranty on the parts I bought for the third rebuild @ 70,000 miles. The saying is "YOU PLAY YOU PAY". Yes I have aftermarket stuff too. If my eagle rods fail, park it till ya fix it. Don't wine about a chance your willing to take.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GrimReaper
HEY.............how about the phrase "YOU GOTTA PAY TO PLAY"......
PP is one of the best companies out there!
I agree, I said that before. PP is one of the best out there IMO. Now everyone give it a rest geez!
Old 03-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Todd@DiscountTireDirect
How about you read ALL of the posts before you make an accusation?! I bought these heads because I toasted a valve itself on my STOCK heads over a month and a half or more ago. The Patriot heads had 50 miles, and no spray when I had my problem
He Todd, after reading this post, it seems that you were NOT spraying when the problem happened, BUT you don't say that you didn't spray with these heads before the failure. I don't have to tell you that spraying a 150-250 shot with any head can lead to problems.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by BergerMan
He Todd, after reading this post, it seems that you were NOT spraying when the problem happened, BUT you don't say that you didn't spray with these heads before the failure. I don't have to tell you that spraying a 150-250 shot with any head can lead to problems.
To paraphrase Chris ARE 360 : It's time to let the debate (for PP, against PP, for Todd, against Todd & middle ground point of view etc) end because the issue is closed at this point.

I wish PP had been able to show more good will in light of the situation but isn't the whole discussion pointless now? PP refunded Todd's money. Todd appears to have accepted the refund. The transaction is closed.

So it's time for all the factions that keep the discussion going to get off of the and IMO
Old 03-07-2004, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BergerMan

in my very 1st post...I said it only lasted 50 miles. I said I was being nice (breaking in, if you will) for 100miles, get an oil change, and then the following weekend beat the hell out of it at our local club track meet. I did not ever get to spray my new heads.

Hey mods...point of this thread anymore? Close it up
Old 03-07-2004, 04:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Todd,

As you requested Done and locked.