Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.8 rockers and .030 decked 853 heads? and miss fire question

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.8 rockers and .030 decked 853 heads? and miss fire question

has anyone done this yet and if so wat hp gains? also thinking about boring the .030 but idk if i wanna go that far. im on a time crunch and budget. also why would my car through up the missfire code? i can hear it miss fireing but idk why. after i did the header swap and deletled the egr it started missing.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Launching!

anybody?
Old 09-03-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The missfire is likely the result of the egr delete/header swap. You need a tune after header install. If $ is an issue, Frost (an LS1tech sponsor) can help you w/ a mail order header swap/egr delete tune. Just send him a PM.

1.8 rockers can be used w/stock cams. Don't even bother w/'em if you have an aftermarket cam grind. You "MUST" measure the valve wipe pattern when using 1.8 rockers. This will ensure proper pushrod length. Don't use 1.8 rockers without measuring.

Think you are asking about removing .030" from the heads in order to increase compression ratio. This isn't an .030" bore. A bore relates to opening up the piston holes for larger pistons. Again, if you deck the heads .030" you "must" then measure for the new pushrods (valve wipe pattern). Also, must re-tune.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Ok ill give u the run down to eliminate mis-communication,

My car has just hit 104,xxx miles and the inspection runs up this month. Im not gonna waste money on a "band-aid" fix.

After I did the header swap I found that there was a broke bolt in the head on the #8 cylinder. I will be dropping the cradle to do this since its been the easiest way for me in the past. Since ill already have the motor out im thinking of just rebuilding it. My thoughts were to bore the cylinders .030 and deck the heads .030, also go with 1.8 rockers to increase the lift on the stock cam, (stock cam lift is .500,.500), Were im getting it tuned charges and extra $100 if u have an aftermarket cam, Ill also port match and maybe polish if i have time to do this. I can get a new rebuild kit with .030 pistons and full gaskets set for $700, friend owns machine shop, everything discounted) Im leaving the stock intake on for now since I cant find a ls6 cheap enough. What are your thoughts and any suggestions would be appreciated.