Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help!! Missing over 50rwhp after G5X3/LSX intake install! Dyno graph inside.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 11:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

This car has adj. Comps. Thinking too tight, maybe the 1.75 ratio vs 1.70 is putting the springs over the edge.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:09 AM
jfm
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1-Try all the easy things first,I run stock rocker system on my G5X3,put the stockers back in,easy to do.

2-If all else fails,I would call Brian at TEA and see if you can send the heads to him and get them repaired.As Brian stated you should NEVER let anyone mess with your seat cuts and valve angles.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jfm
1-Try all the easy things first,I run stock rocker system on my G5X3,put the stockers back in,easy to do.

2-If all else fails,I would call Brian at TEA and see if you can send the heads to him and get them repaired.As Brian stated you should NEVER let anyone mess with your seat cuts and valve angles.
1. I've already done that but don't notice any SOTP feeling; I'll dyno to verify along with pulling the plug on the MAF sensor to see if the MAF weather pack is bad.

2. I've left a few messages for Brian but haven't heard back from him yet. I know he's busy though.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

with stock rockers, stock lifters and stock heads my X3 pulls like a freight train all the way to my 6800 fuel cutoff
Old 03-12-2004, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Something I forgot to mention was that my car was throwing a P0102 code for low MAF sensor frequency which happens when the MAF frequency is less than 10Hz for more than one second.....

And when I first start the car in the morning, for the first minute or so of driving, sometimes when I hit the gas at lower rpms (up to say 2500rpms), the car barely accelerates....it feels like it's stuttering and I have about 100hp, and then all of a sudden the power just abruptly appears after a few seconds of this stutter.

Last edited by verbs; 03-12-2004 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by verbs
Something I forgot to mention was that my car was throwing a P0102 code for low MAF sensor frequency which happens when the MAF frequency is less than 10Hz for more than one second.....

And when I first start the car in the morning, for the first minute or so of driving, sometimes when I hit the gas at lower rpms (up to say 2500rpms), the car barely accelerates....it feels like it's stuttering and I have about 100hp, and then all of a sudden the power just abruptly appears after a few seconds of this stutter.
Hmm, I would check the signals with a good multimeter if you have one. Sounds to me like you may have a wiring issue. Or maybe your crank/cam sensor is on the fritz. Could also be the TPS. I would swap TB's with somebody and see if that changes the problem any. If the cam is installed right and you can verify there is no valve float and you have the right preload on the lifters then it has to be something electronic.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kossuth
Hmm, I would check the signals with a good multimeter if you have one. Sounds to me like you may have a wiring issue. Or maybe your crank/cam sensor is on the fritz. Could also be the TPS. I would swap TB's with somebody and see if that changes the problem any. If the cam is installed right and you can verify there is no valve float and you have the right preload on the lifters then it has to be something electronic.
I did throw a TPS code as well, but the TB opened all the way on the dyno. Maybe I'll autotap it to see what's going on the next time I do a cold startup.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did someone forget to re-attach one of the ground straps to the back of the head? That would show as some strange voltages and signals.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

the tps code is due to sanity checks I think, it looks for certain MAF/MAP values at certain throttle percentages, and with big cams doesnt get them. MAP and MAF performance codes or something. I just kill them with the huge cams

The stutter problem your talkgin about, log it once, and Ill bet the MAF signal jumps up and down a bit, and pulsewidth is a good bit lower, then when it clears up pulsewidth ramps up quick to about 16-18 ms

Quick Reply: Please help!! Missing over 50rwhp after G5X3/LSX intake install! Dyno graph inside.