Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ls1 camaro

i have a ls camaro i was drving back from my tunner and it was running hot and i notcied i had no oil presure i kept drving to ensure no knocking was there then i towed it home and i just replaced the oil sending switch and what could be my prolem i had no knocking i have oil in the car so some hints and when i start it now i still have no oil presure so help please some one
Old 09-11-2011, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you said you where going to your tuner any recent work done too the car? What mods? how long did you drive it hot? what year ls1 Camaro? mileage?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

6.0 block 5.3 heads ms3 cam and i drove for about 20 mins and it still starts up and but the reason it was over heating is cause of my 3 wire sensor so can any one tell me whats my problem
Old 09-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

and the oil pump has had about 128k miles on it and the 6.0 block i dont know but it has held oil presure till that day
Old 09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get a mechanical guage on that thing before I went any further
Old 09-11-2011, 10:34 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by genesisjoelton
i have a ls camaro i was drving back from my tunner and it was running hot and i notcied i had no oil presure i kept drving to ensure no knocking was there then i towed it home and i just replaced the oil sending switch and what could be my prolem i had no knocking i have oil in the car so some hints and when i start it now i still have no oil presure so help please some one
When you say it was running hot, how hot? Was it in the red?

Why would you continue to drive without oil pressure to ensure there was no knocking?

You replaced the oil pressure sending switch before or after this happened?

Nobody can give you hints-you'll need to find out what caused the problem starting with do you really have no oil pressure or is it a oil pressure sending unit issue.

Originally Posted by genesisjoelton
6.0 block 5.3 heads ms3 cam and i drove for about 20 mins and it still starts up and but the reason it was over heating is cause of my 3 wire sensor so can any one tell me whats my problem
Exactly what three wire sensor are you referring to?

Get us more info and we'll be able to help you more.
===============================================
It would be much easier to read your posts if you had sentences starting with a capitol letter and ending with a period instead of one long never ending sentence that talks about bunches of things.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

ok i couldnt tell how how my 3 wire water temp swith was bad and it would get hot randomly and i coulnt telll how hot cause my gauge was not working for my temp and
yes i drove it to ensure it was no knocking casue it just didnt seem like my gauge was right and so it was pretty hot but know how hot