TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patriots.....
Old 03-07-2004, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gomer
Stay tuned my friend
IMO, 26 rwhp isn't going to be as easy to come by as you think it is. At 470+rwhp, you're nearing being maxed out. Take the EWP (~5 rwhp), the ! belt mod (~10 rwhp) away for a moment, and a cam swap only netted you an extra 8 rwhp. The LSx and TB might get you 10-15 more, thats ~490 still with no belt, ~480 with a belt, you'd be hard pressed to pick up another 10-20 with another cam swap, from what I've seen, FMS is about as good as it gets with cams. I hope I'm wrong, the more 500+ rwhp cars there are, the better for our "sport", I just think its gonna be harder than a cam swap and an LSx. Also, there will probably be more than one or two more 500+ RWHP cars showing up soon, some with real rearends and that can actually be raced. Dyno numbers are cool and they sell product, but they aren't everything... Good numbers, BTW, 470 anything is awesome, regardless of which heads, cam, etc....

Shawn
Old 03-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a believer of AS and TEA.
AS is my favorite, and I believe both companies realize they compete with eachother and kinda have fun doing it. They keep eachother always trying to go the extra inch.
I cant seem to find anyone who competes with TEA if running Nitrous. AS is just my favorite. Seems like everyone is happy with both.
As far as PP goes. They are a bit cheeper and IMO are at the top of the second class of "best heads" Seems like TEA/AS/and Cartek take the top of the first class with MTI on their toes.
Call them all and go with who makes you feel the best. PP is defentially good at selling their product.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Launching!

TEA hands down. Do a search for both companies and see for yourself which has had more problems and which has had more success. Plus you cant beat TEAs warranty as well as customer service.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Exactly
It's because of you and Gomer that I'll end up going to these new heads myself.. jerks..
Old 03-07-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SSOnYourSix
Verbs is a local and had nothing but good luck with his TEA, and I know for a fact he calls TEA on a daily basis with dumb questions and as far as I know they spend time with him answering every one of them! Sorry Verbs
That must make you an idiot because all the questions I bring to TEA you didn't know the answers to either

Sorry Mike

I don't know if anyone noticed that in this thread, the only people plugging patriot heads were patriot users.

TEA on the other hand has non TEA owners as well as TEA owners speaking highly of them. That to me is a sign of a good company....when those that run other heads or don't have them at all speak highly of TEA. My .02

Last edited by verbs; 03-07-2004 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by verbs
TEA on the other hand has non TEA owners as well as TEA owners speaking highly of them. That to me is a sign of a good company....when those that run other heads or don't have them at all speak highly of TEA. My .02
I dont run TEA heads, yet Im very well known amongst the admins as being a TEA pimp

Which heads you decide to purchase depends greatly on your goals(track and dyno), financial situation, and what you consider REAL customer service. Let us know who you go with and how things turn out.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have 2 sets of TEA heads, on 2 different cars.. trouble free and run great..
Old 03-08-2004, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by verbs
I don't know if anyone noticed that in this thread, the only people plugging patriot heads were patriot users.
Well I would hope that anybody considering heads would want to hear only from the people who have used them, not opinions from people who have heard about them. I have the Patriots Stage 2's and it is too early to tell but I hope they will be fine. They seem to be a great price and my dyno numbers reflect that they perform well. In my opinion, just do your research and go with who you can afford that you feel comfortable with.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by zwentbyyou
Well I would hope that anybody considering heads would want to hear only from the people who have used them, not opinions from people who have heard about them. I have the Patriots Stage 2's and it is too early to tell but I hope they will be fine. They seem to be a great price and my dyno numbers reflect that they perform well. In my opinion, just do your research and go with who you can afford that you feel comfortable with.
LOL! exactly
Old 03-08-2004, 09:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Chris ARE 360
LOL! exactly
hehe... Yeah, I had to laugh at that statement as well.. Some of the logic posted on these forums crack me up..
Old 03-08-2004, 09:47 AM
TECH Veteran

TEA's hands down....
Old 03-08-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gomer
everybody know's who I'm partial to. I've always had good luck with the patriot heads and they seem to make pretty good power on my car.
Gomer have you already upgraded? Pretty nice results, which cam do you have and is the cam your only change?
I have a new LS1 block with a lunati 395 rotating assemble going together right now I hope I can make as much power as you.
Let me know how 470+ hp feels.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by zwentbyyou
Point is that people who don't even own TEA heads are hearing nice things about them, very likely from TEA owners, or are seeing examples of TEA's kickass customer service.

It's human nature for whoever owns a product to be proud of it, biased, and to plug it. I look at those who don't own it as being "unbiased."

Any thread like this is going to be PP owners plugging PP, and TEA owners plugging TEA. So how is the this thread going to help him make a decision? IMO the non-TEA owners also giving thumbs up to TEA would be what would sway me to pick TEA over PP as I have yet to see one unbiased person give a vote to PP. My .02
Old 03-08-2004, 05:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,004 Posts

55 posts in a PP vs TEA thread, no , no warnings to threats to lock the thread. Must be some sort of new record!
Old 03-08-2004, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks alot guys alot for all the good info!
i figured i would get a few posts on it...

for me im still leaning twords Patriot!
AS heads look good but $1600 for heads and a $300 core....plus cam,bolts,gaskets,pr,
would be like....$2,200+ bucks!

or, TSP's deal....all the same but PP heads for $1,795...!!!!!
why doesnt TEA, or AS put together a nice little H/C combo with all the goodies for a comprable price.....maybe $1,800-1,900.....maybe i would check them out!
i think you get a better deal when you get it all in a package!

if you think about it in TSP's deal your actually probly only paying around $1,275
for the PP heads!

please more info would greatly help my decision and possible others!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Launching!

You just missed an Absolute special, cam and heads. Tea also offers specials occaisonally. Keep an I out in the sponsor section. Do searches on both heads read the experiances of others.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went with pat's, can't complain about the customer service here.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im not sure the Patriots are the same Caliber as AS or TEA, so I wouldnt expect pricing to suggest they are. Then again, you have to consider the service here..contact them all, see who responds best.

Last edited by Jammer; 03-08-2004 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:22 PM
TECH Veteran

I have never dealt with any of the companies on a one on one basis, I have never seen or used TEA, AS, or MTI heads. But I did just recently get the Patriot/TSP Race Style Heads and so far so good, i have posted dyno numbers in the dyno forum and track numbers in the drag racing forum. So far have only put about 150 miles on them and i am extremely impressed with the results.