Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0327 and P0332 codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0327 and P0332 codes

Ok, wasn't sure if this needed to be here or in the external gen III section. I have a 240sx with an LQ9 swap mated to a t56 with LS3 intake and G8 GT heads with a cam. I had been working through a lot of small issues getting it ready for the final tune. I had been getting an intermitent p0327 code for a while, and figured I would go ahead and replace the Knock sensors. I did that, and it has progressed from an intermittent issue to a constant one.

I checked my harness and it was ok, however the PCM isn't sending out the 5v reference signal. I have looked at everything and am at a loss as to what could be causing this other than something funky with the PCM. I checked all my pink and orange wires and they are getting the proper voltage, and the oil pressure 5v is present, but it's absent at the knock sensor wires at the PCM.

Any ideas would be appreciated!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would disconnect the power, and start at the The PCM, do a resistance check using the OHM scale on your meter,from the connector On the PCM to the harness clip,, If it shows good on the harness, then move to the knock sensor harness and run the same check, if they show good, then put power back on and check for the reference voltage at the harness, if you dont have it, maybe there is some issue in the PCM. I am not sure if the PCM sends the signal with the key on,or if it waits till the engine is actually turning over and running. I know this, when you install the knock sensors, if you overtighten them, you will have tons of trouble, they only torque to like 17 ft. lbs. I always use antisieze when I install them also.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, ohms for the sensors are spot on 100 so within range, and retorqued to 15ft/lbs, the torque spec I could find for them. The harness meters out fine, and after checking all that, the PCM still doesn't seem to output the 5v reference. I sould be getting a PCM soon if my tuner will get back with me to let me know if he can get one locally or if I need to overnight one. What a pain.

Quick Reply: P0327 and P0332 codes