Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best throttle body maf setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 06:38 AM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see you mentioned flowmaster.... Id throw that **** in the trash and get some other muffler.. You'd be impressed with what hp ive seen cars make with flowmaster vs. maganflow, borla, corsa, etc... friends novi 2011 5.0 picked up 57 rwhp from taking his flowmasters off and doing another brand muffler with a cutout. just sharing what ive seen.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, try and find someone that is local that has a similar set up and have them take you for a drive and maybe let you drive their car. LS1's are great completely stock and once you start mucking with them you end up on a slippery slope. Everyone will tell you that their cam is street friendly but try getting stuck in traffic with a six speed and a cam that has no bottom end slipping your clutch as you inch along. What you have to add to the mods that you are planning is a tune. Finding someone that will spend the time doing a decent street tune can be difficult. Good luck and a year from now remember this post.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:12 AM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Full exhaust, fast 90/92, underdrive pulley, 4.10's... ride!
Old 10-15-2011, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
First, try and find someone that is local that has a similar set up and have them take you for a drive and maybe let you drive their car. LS1's are great completely stock and once you start mucking with them you end up on a slippery slope. Everyone will tell you that their cam is street friendly but try getting stuck in traffic with a six speed and a cam that has no bottom end slipping your clutch as you inch along. What you have to add to the mods that you are planning is a tune. Finding someone that will spend the time doing a decent street tune can be difficult. Good luck and a year from now remember this post.
i have a friend in longview texas that has a dyno there and i was gonna get a good tune for it there.. it will need a good street tune and i understand about the traffic haha THANKS FOR THE REPLIES! ill definatly do some thinking about the cam and what size i want that torquer v2 cam sounds so beast tho.. i know a few people in town with some f body ls1s ill talk to and ill call texas speed for a good rwhp cam idk if its gonna be that big but i want some good cam mainly for more hp gain than idle chop lol

Quick Reply: best throttle body maf setup?