Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock @ 3k rpms

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock @ 3k rpms

So, It sounds good at idle, no noises just a small exhaust leak.. but when I hit around 3k rpms it gets a LOUD knock, I thought it was a rod knock, but its coming from the top not the bottom.

It's lost a little bit of oil pressure, and won't idle when fully warmed. Will get a video tomorrow, its like 25 degrees in alabama, wtf.

Fucked up cam, lifter, ??. It's a really loud knock, and it just comes on all of a sudden.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:35 PM

Pull the oil filter and cut it open. If you have copper glitter in the filter, then its a spun rod bearing. Good luck.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GregTSi
So, It sounds good at idle, no noises just a small exhaust leak.. but when I hit around 3k rpms it gets a LOUD knock, I thought it was a rod knock, but its coming from the top not the bottom.

It's lost a little bit of oil pressure, and won't idle when fully warmed. Will get a video tomorrow, its like 25 degrees in alabama, wtf.

Fucked up cam, lifter, ??. It's a really loud knock, and it just comes on all of a sudden.
Do you have dual springs? Could be a bad lifter and when the oil gets warm and thins out it doesnt pump up the lifter enough. You can take the valve covers off and check the springs.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cam bearing?