Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on fast intake installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help on fast intake installation

I have searched and cant find what I'm looking for. I'm getting kinda pissed as I'm trying to put this damn thing in and I keep finding that i need more and more **** that texas speed didnt send to me when I got the used intake from them. All I got are the allen head bolts that are needed to bolt the intake down. Can anybody just please tell me what else I'm going to need to get this damn thing dont so I can order the parts? Not too happy that TSP didn't make me aware that all of the parts were not included. ****... I spent $2400, the lease they could have done was TELL ME what I was missing. Car has been down over a week. I'm ready to ride. any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Josh
Old 11-01-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To install the intake, all you need are the mounting bolts, and the o-ring gaskets that go in the runners. The fuel rail, and other brackets from your original manifold will go right on it. I know that for the fast 78-90-and 92 not sure about the new one. What do you think you need?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

2400$ on what. What else did you get
Old 11-01-2011, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on the year of the car you will need the LS6 style coolant crossover tube to replace the one that runs under the intake. Also the plugs for the rear coolant ports on the heads if you have to do so. Also you will need the allen bolts for the valley cover, it will hit the stock bolts heads and not seat properly. All the bolts should of came with the intake.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm planning on installing a FAST 92mm intake on my 2000 LS1 T/A in the coming weeks. I have the O ring gaskets for the ports, and the complete hardware kit from FAST. What else would I need?

Do I need to get new fuel rails too?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You need the valley cover button head bolts.

As stated, you need the later steam pipe setup including block offs.

I re-used my stock intake bolts because the FAST ones rust.

You need FAST gaskets, the stock ones may leak especially if re-used.

You need to sort out how to install the rear sensor. I used some vacuum lines and attached to the side port, blocking off the rear port. Lingenfelter makes a nice kit to move this forward (note that this is on a Vette, I may be wrong on the f-body).

You need to sort out a way to introduce filtered air to the PCV system. I installed a port in the throttle body coupler.

The stock fuel rail will bolt right on, no issues but make sure the ground on the passenger side is installed correctly. I seem to remember I had to bend the plate a bit to get it to fit correctly.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Launching!

Ok so I just need to contact fast and get the install kit. Just more money...mpatton, ordered tsp 1 7/8 lts, ory, torquer v3, and all the other stuff you need to do during the swap (oil pump, ls2 timing chain, push rods). Intake came with a 95good mil tb which also didn't come with screws.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

OP, you don't seem like the brightest apple on the tree. You didn't even tell us which fast intake or car you had.

Quick Reply: Need help on fast intake installation