Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Oil pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That doesnt even look close to a newer pump. Also is doesnt look like the SLP i installed on my car 2 months ago.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I change the oil every 3000. The oil gets dirty after like 1000 miles or less. I have a catch can hooked up like Rev extreme states and also on this website. There is nothing in the catch can which seems odd since i havent emptied it in awhile. I think the dirty oil has something to do with the pcv not working properly. Also, when I took the manifold off, there was a bunch of oil under it, possibly leaking from the pan on the bottom of the BBK intake?
Old 11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats not good, I have the same one. Got any pics how its hooked up? It should be getting oil if it working. You know how I run the cheap fuel filter on the last line back to the intake and it get oil in it still (after the catch can) but the catch can still fills up a bunch. Last time right beofre MIR race id didn't drain much So with the petcock open still, blew in the inlet hose off the LS6 intake and a sludge ball came out then a ton of milkshake oil and water came out. I have it bolted under the headlight to hide it, so I dont take it out to notice it was getting clogged up.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is how I have mine, check post 70. My oil also dissapears. Im pulling my motor so I am definetely putting a LS6 valley cover on.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ting-ok-7.html

Quick Reply: SLP Oil pump