Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust / o2 sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust / o2 sensor help

Tomorrow I'm goin to oriellys and order a set of patriot long tube headers and 3 inch piping. My question is will the headers have the ports for o2 sensors. Can a exhaust shop port the piping for o2 sensors ? My exhaust set up will be long tube headers and a small x pipe and dumps no cats or mufflers ill be putting it on when I do my cam swap. Ill have to drive the car open headers to the exhaust shop to get the rest put on. That shouldn't hurt my valves as long as the new valves are warmed up? Tune will be after exhaust same day though. Cam kit is a trex from thunder racing! Should be a mean car. I have a centerforce clutch should I have it rebuilt or get a new one? There pretty pricey
Old 12-08-2011, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

if the headers are ment for an ls1 car then yes they should have the O2 holes and if they dont if you be easly done by any exhaust shop. All they have to do is weld in O2 bungs. If I were you i would not drive the car to the exhaust shop with the car not being tuned for the cam. I would have the car towed there and then towed to the tuner. As for the centerforce clutch how many miles are on it? I've seen a few centerforce clutched taking some beatings in my day and it should be fine for a cam only car
Old 12-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Never thought about hauling it? That's a good idea to save a head ache.I'm unsure on miles but its hard for me to shift gears it needs a good bleeding or a master cylinder or slave cylinder. My cats on my car are clogged it will barely run at idle and is real boggish now and won't even hardly break loose in second. That's a big hp drop. Nice car by the way
Old 12-08-2011, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by blazier19
Never thought about hauling it? That's a good idea to save a head ache.I'm unsure on miles but its hard for me to shift gears it needs a good bleeding or a master cylinder or slave cylinder. My cats on my car are clogged it will barely run at idle and is real boggish now and won't even hardly break loose in second. That's a big hp drop. Nice car by the way
the car wont idle right and it will keep stalling on you and your going to kill your spark plugs by the time you pull out of your drive way from it loading up. I believe a lot of guy replace the slave cylinder because they have issues with there stock ones. If its in your budge check out munster clutches and their slave cyinders. they are very well know around this forum. Yea get them cats off and feel the power my man lol and thanks on the complement.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Can I just get a monster slave cylinder and keep my clutch?
Old 12-09-2011, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not sure what You meant about not hurting You're new valves as long as they're warmed up but just an fyi ,,,,,,,in the winter or cold weather especially valves can and will warp with no exhaust or not long enough exhaust after shutting it down ,,,,,,,,,,,valves hot ,,,,,in coming air up the short exhaust cold ,,,,,,,hot and cold mix n warp a few valves as they're cooling too quickly .
Old 12-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Teching In

That's also a good thing to think about. I'm running a small x pipe at the rear end I figured that would be long enough and enough back pressure. I also will let my car warm up before drivin it any
Old 12-09-2011, 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

How big is this cam you're putting in?

My friend just got a 224/228 cam put in and drove with him back from the shop and monitored the car with hp tuners. Part throttle and idle the car learned the new cam fairly quick and after a few minutes his trims were -3 to 3 which is more then acceptable. WOT he needs a tune, but there's no reason why a relatively small cam will not be driveable without a tune. That's what the o2 sensors and computer are there for.

Now if it's a big cam then you would need a tune just to get it going, but don't be scared to drive the car easy even with an untuned cam.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Teching In

T rex cam