Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lq9, L92 heads, Ls3 intake. Cam help???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 07:12 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,512 Likes on 2,164 Posts

I haven’t seen bww on here in quite some time. Put your seat belt on, the roasters are coming soon for you booting another old thread...
I’m putting together a 6 liter right now, with ls3 heads for my nephew. I see you keep asking for help. I went with a rebuild kit from WS6Store, a vendor on this site. My nephew was simply trying to save money. The kit is great quality. Price is unbeatable. Ended up with the ASA high lift cam, also from WS6Store. I did have to fly cut coated flat tops with no valve reliefs. I’m looking for 11:1 compression for him, and wanted the squish perfect as well, so waiting on different head gaskets, then button it all up in a couple hours.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
I haven’t seen bww on here in quite some time. Put your seat belt on, the roasters are coming soon for you booting another old thread...
I’m putting together a 6 liter right now, with ls3 heads for my nephew. I see you keep asking for help. I went with a rebuild kit from WS6Store, a vendor on this site. My nephew was simply trying to save money. The kit is great quality. Price is unbeatable. Ended up with the ASA high lift cam, also from WS6Store. I did have to fly cut coated flat tops with no valve reliefs. I’m looking for 11:1 compression for him, and wanted the squish perfect as well, so waiting on different head gaskets, then button it all up in a couple hours.
Yea I don't get it......ppl wanna give me crap for knocking on old threads I'm not trying to irritate these ppl I'm just trying to get answers. ....thank you for noticing the **** some of these guys give me.....at the same time it does not really bother me as much as it seems to bother them.....oh well **** em' let me know what head gaskets you run with...and Didya flycut. ...Mill the heads? Cam specs?......got any pics? Links? If you don't wanna pissed nobody off...lol
Old 02-16-2018, 10:04 PM
ModSquad

Originally Posted by dawgs74
Yea I don't get it......ppl wanna give me crap for knocking on old threads I'm not trying to irritate these ppl I'm just trying to get answers. ....thank you for noticing the **** some of these guys give me.....at the same time it does not really bother me as much as it seems to bother them.....oh well **** em' let me know what head gaskets you run with...and Didya flycut. ...Mill the heads? Cam specs?......got any pics? Links? If you don't wanna pissed nobody off...lol
They are just messing with ya. Don’t sweat it.
Going with .040” cometics for quinch. My pistons are in the hole .005”
Had to fly cut .055” on exhaust. Intakes were good with this cam.
Heads are cut .018” for 11:1 compression
Camshaft is ASA high lift cam. It’s a new cut from WS6 Store, cut by TexasSpeed
Old 02-17-2018, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that asa cam specd for ls3 heads or cathedral?
Old 02-17-2018, 10:43 AM
ModSquad

Originally Posted by LS1 pwrd NOVA
Is that asa cam specd for ls3 heads or cathedral?
I spoke at length about this subject with a couple builders, and WS6Store. It’s got 9 1/2 degrees of split, which should work well with square port heads, but guys are putting this on cathedral builds and making power as well.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to know
Old 02-17-2018, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,113 Likes on 2,428 Posts

The GM ASA cam has been around for a LONG while, from before the GenIV came out. The fact that it works as well as it does with square ports is a plus. But it DOES need the extra lift WS6store's version has.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G Atsma
The GM ASA cam has been around for a LONG while, from before the GenIV came out. The fact that it works as well as it does with square ports is a plus. But it DOES need the extra lift WS6store's version has.
do you recall the lift on WS6 version. .. I'm trying to stay away from having to flycut. ..
Old 02-17-2018, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

did ya have to flycut?
nevermind .....I see the valve reliefs. ......glad nobody caught that before I did....don't need the thread police ripping me a new *** ...
Old 02-17-2018, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 220 Likes on 131 Posts

6 years is nothing really, someone just revived a 16 year old thread
the other day. Anything under ten is just humorous and good natured
ribbing. Good luck to another Nor Cal Enthusiast!
Old 02-17-2018, 02:37 PM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

nevermind .....I see the valve reliefs. ......glad nobody caught that before I did....don't need the thread police ripping me a new *** ...
If you really want an answer, it would have been smarter to send the guy a PM instead of reviving an old thread. His public profile page says he has logged in at least once this year, but that doesn't mean he's checking old threads.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NAVYBLUE210
6 years is nothing really, someone just revived a 16 year old thread
the other day. Anything under ten is just humorous and good natured
ribbing. Good luck to another Nor Cal Enthusiast!
I'm that somebody that revived that 16 yr old thread.....Damn word travels fast....do I get a trophy or something I'm in nor cal as well. Co co county

Quick Reply: Lq9, L92 heads, Ls3 intake. Cam help???