Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to loose some Compression points..Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need to loose some Compression points..Help

ok i have a 11:5:1 LS6 forged bottom with mahle gas ported nitrous pistons and stock chamber LS6 heads.. was originally built to be a nitrous motor but im going to do a E85/turbo build .. i really would just like to keep the shortblock all together as it has proven to be very trouble free.

heres the question .. get 317's maybe open up the chambers to?? thickest MLS gasket i can find can i get this back around 10:1? i think that would be a sufficient CR for a E85 boosted car.. as far as boost level its kind of irrelevant as id just push as much as it can take till i get spark knock..or hit/get close to 750hp or so

Only issues is what makes a nitrous piston a nitrous piston? and will it work with boost?
Old 12-21-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talk to your builder. For that much boost you really want compression around 9:1 or 8.5:1. The E85 will help with detonation. Also call Mahle and see what they say. I know they just revised their piston design, guys were cracking ringlands at moderate boost levels.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys were cracking ringlands at moderate boost levels.
AWESOMEEE haha

I guess ill pull the oil pan and get a PN off the piston to see what version it is.

Frank from PSI told me 10:1 would be fine on E85..there big time turbo guys and hes getting into E85 stuff so i trust his word..also i have no problem blowing a bunch of Water/meth through it either if i have to.