Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with, or with information, on PI heads, please come in

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Those with, or with information, on PI heads, please come in

I know (username) Alchemist runs, or ran, the PI 215 LXR heads with a custom Virginia Speed cam and I've searched all his threads, but never saw where he dyno'd the car. I would like to get feedback from anyone who is running these heads or has seen any dyno numbers. I've searched a lot on here and can't find ****. I know they are not as popular as AFR, TFS, etc. but from what I have seen, they appear to be a great head.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

No one? Really?
Old 01-26-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PI heads?

The only PI heads I've heard of are the Ford Power Improvement heads.

Unless PI stands for Patriot or something.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mean Advanced Inductions (AI)
Old 01-26-2012, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

They used to be ETP then Performance Inductions.. They are now Mast Motorsports LXR heads & are top of the line.

http://www.mastmotorsports.com/2010/...sembled&id=366
Old 01-26-2012, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MM98
They used to be ETP then Performance Inductions.. They are now Mast Motorsports LXR heads & are top of the line.

http://www.mastmotorsports.com/2010/...sembled&id=366
Are the PI (Peformance Induction) LXR 215 heads the same as the new MAST Motorsports LXR heads?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

They were designed by the same guy who now works for Mast.

http://www.mastmotorsports.com/2010/news-view.php?id=66
Old 01-28-2012, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...-gm-5-3-a.html
search is your friend.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:17 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I most certainly have the Performance Induction LXR heads. One thing I will say is I'm not sure what the exact runner cc volume is. There is a 220 stamp on them, so maybe it's really 220.

I never dyno'd the car NA with just the heads and cam. I had a set of hand ported JPR 853 heads and TR224 cam on my car that was a pretty stoudt setup for what it was. I had it dyno'd on a dyno dynamics dyno, which didn't seem quite right, but anyways, it said I was making 468hp/460tq, again, I don't beleive it.

After I swapped the heads and cam out, I found that without touching my tuning, I was running a good 0.7 units leaner, meaning I was seeing more airflow. More airflow, equals more torque and power. The car ran great, and was noticably faster than before comparing data logs for similar times and locations of runs.

Sorry I can't help anymore. I never redyno'd my car as a year after going with the heads, I went and Procharged the car.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So PI is now Mast? Glad you brought this op, I was just looking into PI heads the other day and didn't find much either.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

From the link above:

August 25, 2010 – Nacogdoches, TX – A career track record is a good predictor of success. Take a look at Cary Chouinard: Cary’s passion for excellence took LS cylinder head development to the next level with dedicated castings and clean slate designs. His expertise allowed the development of over 50 different cylinder heads from LS1 / LS2 cathedral port, LS3 & LS7 ports, to raised runner race ports in 3.9, 4.0, 4.07 and 4.1+ bore sizes and a full line of 2 piece fully ported CNC race intake manifolds with carbureted or fuel injection options.

Cary Chouinard, who played a pivotal role in the startup and success of ET Cylinder Head’s products and founded Performance Induction Specialties (both companies are renowned for cylinder head development and manufacturing in the performance racing industry) will be Mast’s new Director of the Cylinder Head & Valvetrain division as well as Manufacturing Manager. Cary’s vast engineering and manufacturing experience along with innovative solutions makes him uniquely qualified for his new positions at Mast. Cary brings to Mast his proven formula of success to Mast’s leadership position in the LS powertrain engineering and development arena.

So from that, I bought my heasd prior to Cary joining Mast, hence the PI designation. I got my heads from VA Speed along with a cam spec'd out by Ed Hutchins who was VA Speed's tuner at that time.

I'll put it this way. It's the last set of heads I'll ever buy. I have no doubt that they will continue to grow with my engine choices well into 1000 hp realm.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I most certainly have the Performance Induction LXR heads. One thing I will say is I'm not sure what the exact runner cc volume is. There is a 220 stamp on them, so maybe it's really 220.

I never dyno'd the car NA with just the heads and cam. I had a set of hand ported JPR 853 heads and TR224 cam on my car that was a pretty stoudt setup for what it was. I had it dyno'd on a dyno dynamics dyno, which didn't seem quite right, but anyways, it said I was making 468hp/460tq, again, I don't beleive it.

After I swapped the heads and cam out, I found that without touching my tuning, I was running a good 0.7 units leaner, meaning I was seeing more airflow. More airflow, equals more torque and power. The car ran great, and was noticably faster than before comparing data logs for similar times and locations of runs.

Sorry I can't help anymore. I never redyno'd my car as a year after going with the heads, I went and Procharged the car.

I was hoping you'd find this thread. Thanks for the info. I did a bunch of seaching under your username.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:29 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I was hoping you'd find this thread. Thanks for the info. I did a bunch of seaching under your username.
You could have simply sent me a PM and asked some questions instead of cyber stalking me..lol.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
You could have simply sent me a PM and asked some questions instead of cyber stalking me..lol.
I was just curious about those heads and had noticed from reading a few of your threads before that you ran them. I'm in a delima right now on what to do. I could either go the cheap route and get some 243 or 5.3 heads ported by A.I. and have them custom grind me a cam or pony up and buy a nice set of heads like the new MAST heads, AFR's, PRC, TFS, etc. My ultimate goal for the car is to procharge it like you did, so I know getting an aftermarket casting is ultimatly the better choice, just may take me longer to save up the cash for all the parts. But, I guess it's best to do it right the first time.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:03 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

If you're planning to throw boost at it, and will forge the bottom end, then you'll want a good head.

I'm not saying you need them, because FI will perform well even on a stock head.

Honestly, save your money on heads and get a forged bottom end if you want to go FI. You will far exceed the capacity of the stock pistons/rods before you need to upgrade heads.

Quick Reply: Those with, or with information, on PI heads, please come in