Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torquer V2 or V3

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trans_am7935
any modern lobe cam in the high 220's low 230's these days will get you that. i love my cam and it is a 227/235. i have great low end power with a advertised operating range from 1900-6600. i can drive this thing all day and feels like more power all over.
I'll have to do more research.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
The TV3 is supposed to be alot better overall cam than the T2. But i also have been considering a cam the size of the T2. Only reason i dont like the T3 is that huge lift..
With the correct valve spring, this cam will work perfect in the OPs setup, and even better with a decent set of cylinder heads.

Directly off of our website:

"The new more aggressive intake lobes & small changes to the camshaft design has allowed us to create more peak power while bringing power in earlier than the Torquer V2. "
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 01-30-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jake@Texas-Speed
With the correct valve spring, this cam will work perfect in the OPs setup, and even better with a decent set of cylinder heads.

Directly off of our website:

"The new more aggressive intake lobes & small changes to the camshaft design has allowed us to create more peak power while bringing power in earlier than the Torquer V2. "
Do you have any dyno charts comparing the two cams?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to hear more from v3 owners. How does the power feel? Does it feel like a big enough cam or do you feel you could have gone bigger?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my v2, I'm still on the stock clutch and ten bolt. New clutch will be getting swapped in this month. Everything I did support wise is in my signature, whats nice is with another set of heads and intake I can probably get much more power. I cannot complain about the power down low. No complaints here about it
Old 03-02-2012, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cranny
I would like to hear more from v3 owners. How does the power feel? Does it feel like a big enough cam or do you feel you could have gone bigger?

This was my first H/C swap so I didn't know what to expect, but the V3 drives very well with a solid tune, I have no surging at all. The power comes on a little slow, but I also have stock gears. It'll still break my 315 DR's loose in 1st without a problem though. I did want more of a midrange / top end cam and that's what I got. If I could do it all over again I definately would have gone bigger....probably a 23X/24X, but this is not a DD just something I take to shows.

Quick Reply: Torquer V2 or V3