Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant leak?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really thank everyone for the responses as they have helped me over come these issues.

I now believe I am on the home stretch. I researched my temp gauge issue and now know i need a new coolant temp sensor. However my cooling fans only come on when ac is on. This was the issue all along. Is there another sensor that controls the fans coming on when the car gets up in temp?
Old 06-23-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The AC compressor being activated triggers the fans to turn on at low speed regardless of engine coolant temp. It's intended to create airflow across the AC condenser.

Replace your coolant temp sender and get the PCM data on engine coolant temp, and you may just be fixed.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crainholio
The AC compressor being activated triggers the fans to turn on at low speed regardless of engine coolant temp. It's intended to create airflow across the AC condenser.

Replace your coolant temp sender and get the PCM data on engine coolant temp, and you may just be fixed.
You were dead on. I did just what you said an all problems are gone. Had to change the stock settings in the PCM after I changed the Sensor.

Thanks again guys for all your help.

Quick Reply: coolant leak?!?!?