Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My top end refresh! what to expect on the dyno?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by brians91formula
i'd say 425rwhp on a Mustang dyno. If the heads work really well with the cam/exhaust then maybe 440. Must be fun on the bottle? Do you spray a 150 shot with the stock rear on the street?
Realllyyy fun on the bottle!!! Love it!! I spray on the street with the stock 10bolts and it hooks hard in 2nd gear, kinda hard for the diff LOL I just never spray out the hole(no traction anyway) or no clutch dump and the diff last 6-10 months, depends how much street action it sees.

The heads will be checked to be sure they works well with the combo. New Era does his own CNC machining in the shop so it will be easy to port/fix the heads.

Last edited by Johnnystock; 03-10-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Well the cam was named custom, but the grind was tried before I guess, which doesnt bother me. Its not an off the shelf cam. I searched for it and didn't find anything except an old thread about a gto making 440rwhp.

I looked back through the e-mails I had back and forth with Ed and he called the "Godfather" a profile of lobes that are just a little smaller than the original Street Sweeper profile/lobes. I'm sure there are may variations of that cam that use that family of lobes that are around the same size at .50, but are very different cams based on your setup and heads. I know the lift on my cam was very high; to complement the great flow of the AFR heads. Man, I wish I would have never traded that setup for those wheels.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by brians91formula
i'd say 425rwhp on a Mustang dyno. If the heads work really well with the cam/exhaust then maybe 440. Must be fun on the bottle? Do you spray a 150 shot with the stock rear on the street?
i'd say the same. if the heads aren't built up to the cam specs (6XX intake and 6XX exhaust) your missing out on power
Old 03-10-2012, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I looked back through the e-mails I had back and forth with Ed and he called the "Godfather" a profile of lobes that are just a little smaller than the original Street Sweeper profile/lobes. I'm sure there are may variations of that cam that use that family of lobes that are around the same size at .50, but are very different cams based on your setup and heads. I know the lift on my cam was very high; to complement the great flow of the AFR heads. Man, I wish I would have never traded that setup for those wheels.
The lift is indeed kinda of high 629/629. My 243s are heavily CNC ported, I'm confident it will perform very good