Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

#7 Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmano2z
i guess i read into stuff to deep . i thought you were beating on us regular joes. this forum has helped me insanely. motor swaps, trans swaps,wire nightmares etc. this is a great country we live in freedom of choice. i choose to bash imports for a multitude of reasons. but the best one is my father survived pearl harbor,my uncle survived korea,my brother survived vietnam, i the cold war, and my nephew the gulf and iraq .this VET buys american any chance he can. **** foreign influences. stay a patriot and buy american!the job you save may be your own.
You do, of course, realize that a lot of us own F-bodys, which were built in CANADA, and that a lot of foreign car companies now build cars in the US while domestic companies are moving manufacturing to MEXICO right?
Old 04-04-2012, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

How the hell did this get so off topic? And as a combat veteran myself of Iraq, I will have to say yes i'm all American but have nothing against buying import. The phone i'm using to send this message and read this forum is import my daily driver is import (Benz) and i'm damn sure my big screen is too. Just do us vets a favor and don't use our name in your bashing of imports!
Old 04-04-2012, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Sorry about goin off topic, just had to say something, ya know? And I feel the same about dragging "vets" into this...
Old 04-04-2012, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer

a lot of people want the "magical goal of 500 rwhp Naturally Aspirated in a stock cubic inch ls1"
and have no idea that it is fairly simple to get there, but you have to spend some coin in a few spots that most people dont even want to think about...especially when a lot of peoples cars are their daily driver...
notice, I didnt say it was cheap to get to 500 RWHP...
Mind sharing what these tricks are?
Old 04-04-2012, 06:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
Guys, relax. When he mentioned real knowledgeable people, he is talking about professional level people. Katech, LPE, and other shops that do R&D work or engines for high net worth, corporate, or proffessional racing organizations just are not going to share the little things that we never think about or truthfully need to think about. ASA and Team Corvette work are places were every detail is scrutinized. Most of us on here are weekend hobbiests. For most of our technical needs, this forums serves its purpose.

serious high dollar porting and canted valve jobs
sheet metal intakes
Crankcase Vacuum pumps
Conversion to Dry Sump
Gas ported Pistons
a really good crank Damper(not just a stock balancer or an underdrive pulley)

these are just some of the simple things...
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
I hope more people post pics and show different alternatives to the Kurt Urban equipment.
Old style 4 to 1 crossover tube, worked a little bit to fit on top of my 04+ valley cover (which has the underside PCV system) and under my LS6 intake (fins grounded down). For the steam tube connection, I drilled/tapped the water pump on the backside (cleaner than doing the top, but its not in these pics):

Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Regular

i want to appologize to soundengineer for getting off topic and venting. i know iin this day and age it's hard to buy american,and yes the camaro was built in canada,but we are our own worst enemy when it comes to wanting some thing now. ny02ws6 my wife lost her job to mexico. which snowballed to feeder jobs outside of the car plants. i'm just long term unemployed (3 years) too old to reenlist,and just worry about our country and what you young guys and girls are gonna do to stay alive and prosper. we will survive god bless us all . now how about that #7 i swapped to an ls6 and transferred the block off plugs. didn't gm see the #7 problem? i was looking at it and you can't change the venting without pulling the intake,correct? is it safe to tap into the water pump? just gotta find a spot inthe water circulation area that will withstand pressure and not blow out the tapped fitting? i appolgize to all the vets out there. everybody has their own opinion thats what makes this country great!! i'll clairify my self.asian based 4N cars still SUCK whether made here or overseas!!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:02 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

its best to go back to the radiator..
people go to the water pump because its a place where they can return to fairly easily.
but it does you no good if you dont have a steam trap spot up at a higher location..
kurt urban sells a whole kit with a little box that you mount up above the engine..its made to trap the steam at a higher point, then you can return to anywhere
if you dont go to a higher point, then you should go to the radiator return that normally exists from that vent line as it allows the steam to go to the highest point, which then also makes it so you can burp out any air bubbles easily
when you go to the Water Pump without going up to a higher place first...all you do is trap air/steam in the water pump...which can cause cavitation, which leads to slower flow and more bubbles with poor cooling properties...

Quick Reply: #7 Sucks