Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head and cam swap idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head and cam swap idle problem

I just finished a head and cam swap on an ls1. I put stg2.5 5.3 heads on with a torquer v3 cam. I also got a mail order tune just a few weeks until I can get it dynoed. First problem I had it would hold an idle with the brake booster line attached. If I unplug it it idles fine. So I remember reading something before where a guy drilled a small in the throttle body o allow some extra air at an idle. Now it idles ok. Now my current problem is it feels like a misfire when I drive it. It feels really hesitant to. When I give it gas it takes a second to respond. I'm thinking it's all in the tune because it's running really rich. This is my first cam swap and I did it myself. So not sure what to really look for. Any input you guys have would be great. Thank in advance.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its hard to say what it could be, yes it could just be the tune, from which a good dyno tune from a good tuner could fix it, another thing the dots on the cam and crank could be off, your intake manifold could have a leak around the seals did you put new gaskets and torque in the right sequence when you installed the manifold back on. if its drivable i would get it to a tuner so he can look at the tune then atleast youll know if its the tune or something mechanical.

Good Luck keep us posted on what it was