Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro-Comp Head Studs sold on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just dont get it. looking to save a few buck here and there on some ebay head studs. I know they are pro comp or whatever. I wear mechanix gloves daily so i thought why not check out ebay and pick up a few pairs at a lower price point. well i found a "reputable" seller and bought my self 4 pairs. sure enough they were counterfeit. So what i learned is that sometimes even reputable sellers/company's sell fake **** on ebay. Sometimes im sure they are not even aware or at least not consciously aware. You get what you pay for. Also how about supporting your LOCAL machine shop/ hot rod parts shop. sure it may be a little more out of you pocket than the fleebay guy but your contributing to your local economy and helping to put food on your local business owners table. Which in turn will eventually help you.
Remember money isnt everything they just want you to think it is. Buy local and stop ******* your neighbor's (and site sponsors) by purchasing **** on ebay.

Last edited by 3rdCoastPowerSports; 06-28-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-01-2013, 07:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3rdCoastPowerSports
I just dont get it. looking to save a few buck here and there on some ebay head studs. I know they are pro comp or whatever. I wear mechanix gloves daily so i thought why not check out ebay and pick up a few pairs at a lower price point. well i found a "reputable" seller and bought my self 4 pairs. sure enough they were counterfeit. So what i learned is that sometimes even reputable sellers/company's sell fake **** on ebay. Sometimes im sure they are not even aware or at least not consciously aware. You get what you pay for. Also how about supporting your LOCAL machine shop/ hot rod parts shop. sure it may be a little more out of you pocket than the fleebay guy but your contributing to your local economy and helping to put food on your local business owners table. Which in turn will eventually help you.
Remember money isnt everything they just want you to think it is. Buy local and stop ******* your neighbor's (and site sponsors) by purchasing **** on ebay.
So your local machine shop makes & sells their own studs? I think your getting confused man. The studs are not ebay studs, they are Pro Comp studs. Not made by ebay, only sold on ebay. Pro Comp is a established company & numerous members have used these studs with success. There have been a few broke studs, but ARP doesn't have a clean slate either. I can easily do a search & find several threads with broken ARP studs. Alot of times it comes down to the install, was it done properly, torqued properly, lubed properly & was the hole clean & stud threaded into block properly. any of these could cause a failure of overlooked.

I'd say over 90% of guys who take a motor to a machine shop supply the shop with the studs to be used for mains & rods when machining. So trying to say it's costing local machine shops money is a retarded comment at best. Not everyone wants to pay triple the price for a name if a similar quality product can be had cheaper.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdCoastPowerSports
When they stop ******* us, maybe ill think about it.

For example as to why I could give a **** less about MOST local companies, I wanted to buy a set of 2stroke Vforce reeds for my race bike. Priced em at the local motorcycle shop, $400 for em. Priced the EXACT same ones on eBay for $170. Get surfed local shop.

Quick Reply: Pro-Comp Head Studs sold on Ebay