Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 different 243s.. what to buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
Personally, I would go with the popular PRC heads. AI is not an option if $1500 is the budget. You will pay about that price plus your cores.
Well once I finish paying off my credits card I'm actually thinking about doing the SDparts budget LS7 shortblock w/ 24 tooth reluctor wheel and use their CNC LS3 heads big cam with cable driven TB or maybe throw a magnacharger on it. I don't know. I just want a big lopey cam and it to be faster than my 85 camaro. For budget I thought of the SDparts 383 and just throw some ported 243s and stroker cam...
Old 06-28-2012, 05:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bo white did my ls6 heads for me a few years ago.They are very impressive.My cam doesnt even push these heads with old xe lobes and only .570 lift and they cranked out 441 rwhp,and over 400 rwtq.Thats with bone stock 2" valves
Old 06-28-2012, 05:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
Personally, I would go with the popular PRC heads. AI is not an option if $1500 is the budget. You will pay about that price plus your cores.
Are you still on that? Geez man give it up.

Originally Posted by FLYNAVY30
Yea my initial plan was to send my 243s out to AI/TEA/FI to have them done, but I drive my car 5-6 days a week and didnt want it to be out of commission for 4 weeks this summer while I pulled the heads, shipped them out, got them worked on, shipped back, and then installed. Hoping to get everything installed and bolted up over the course of a weekend and then take it down the street to VA Speed to have it tuned after they install the new injectors.
There is going to be lead time with this type of thing, and I realize we aren't talking about AI, however I did want to mention that they (as far as I could tell) were working on my heads over the weekend. They emailed to confirm some details over the weekend as well. My heads arrived Friday (verified through tracking info), and were on their way back Monday. That is great service.