Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blew my ls1, just got married last friday... need cheap advise...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ws666
ah ok. so ill proly just keep my heads then or maybe find some bare ls6 heads. all this head talk is giving me a headache.

and for anyone quoting on price, thats with a junkyard motor. not sure if yall knew that or not.
you mean the quote from your first post was a quote to have a junkyard motor put in? have you heard this "junkyard" motor run? checked the oil for glitter, ran a compression test?
Old 06-07-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdCoastPowerSports
you mean the quote from your first post was a quote to have a junkyard motor put in? have you heard this "junkyard" motor run? checked the oil for glitter, ran a compression test?
Well the shop has a guy who goes out and gets the motors from junkyards. The shop is going to make sure its good to go and swap all of my stuff over. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew it wasnt a brand new motor hah
Old 06-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!! You guys are not to welcoming to the new bride!!! Only thing better than a new bride is a new ride!!!! Speaking of ride, the 5.3s will up the compression but don't have the airflow in stock form. Your 241s are the better choice, because you already have them....243s aren't cheap either! If you want to spend money then put ARP rod bolts in the 6.0 and spray it!! Lots of suggestions to consider. Good Luck and keep us posted!! Larry.

Quick Reply: Blew my ls1, just got married last friday... need cheap advise...