Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gain of 50HP by changing rods. . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Accelerating or at a stready rpm I would think there still would be a gain since rods do have to over come inertia.They do go up and down do they not?

Last edited by z-ya; 04-05-2004 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-24-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Just thought I would update you. . . NHRA out lawed the use of Ceramic Composite Aluminum rods in PRO STOCK. . .seems at least 1 team was using them. . .hmmm. . .wonder who.

Chris
Old 06-24-2004, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr. Anderson....... (in matrix voice). lol
Old 06-24-2004, 03:45 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If I guess correctly, whats the prize, a free set of rods

I vote for Greg Anderson since he was cleaning house in Pro Stock. He has always been a good racer but all of the sudden his engine program just came around everyone especially WJ which is saying a lot...

It going to be interesting to see what happens in P/S, and to see at the next race who is #1 qualifier... Sort of reminds me of the Dodge boys a few years back after somone found out about nitrous on P/S cars, and suddenly someone broke into Wayne county and destroyed all the motors "for no reason" and it took them 2 years to catch back up...

What bothers me about it, is that it isn't cheating, its innovation. But, I guess since Jaeger isn't a big NHRA sponsor and folks like BME, Carillo, and Manley are, they are squawking... This doesn't seem like Pro Stock, more like NASCAR minimum this, minimum that... P/S is about technical innovation, or at least it was

/soapbox.

Oh well, I wonder how long till the real innovators (f1 guys) start using some of these parts...
Old 06-24-2004, 08:13 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought of you Chris when I read that article. It's good that NHRA spec'd minimum weights on the rotating parts....level the $$$$ field......watch Larry Morgan come on strong....That Ceramic composite connecting rod that you showed me was N I C E

Quick Reply: Gain of 50HP by changing rods. . . .