Sponsored by:

head gasket help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 10:18 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default head gasket help

lets try this in here

i just put a prety much stock 6.0 together, put in head studs, cam, springs, rod bolts and some cometic head gaskets. i have drivin it for about a month now and have been thru 4 bottles of nitrous. just recently i realized i have a tiny head gasket leak, i am presureizing the cooling system and loosing some coolant, like 1 cup every tank of gas. it is a tiny leak, i put 120psi to the cylinder and it took 20minutes before i had any increase in coolant sys presure(firmer hose).

what should i do?

just pull the one head and have it surfaced a min amount and reuse the cometic?

pull both heads and surface and use some felpro's($26/pair and local)

or do both heads but with some stock mls gaskets( ~$200for the set with bolts that i dont need, thats the only way i can get them)

i will be hiting this motor with a t76 next week
Old 03-31-2004, 10:21 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get the MLS gaskets w/o the bolt set. Call Scoggin Dickey. They aren't on their site, but they have them. I have a set I can get the part number off of for you.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:33 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
You can get the MLS gaskets w/o the bolt set. Call Scoggin Dickey. They aren't on their site, but they have them. I have a set I can get the part number off of for you.
they may not have them available any more, i have tried a couple of places including cmotorsports and the local dealer who did a national search. the only thing out there is head gasket kits. i will give them a try though, thats what i would really like to do but not for $200.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:52 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ones I have sitting here are part number 12575392 and have one gasket per package.