Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this internal or external? Tensioner, Alt, etc.. video included

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this internal or external? Tensioner, Alt, etc.. video included

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wgQWjQPRuA&feature=youtu.be"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wgQWjQPRuA&feature=youtu.be[/URL] 20120703 015557Z - YouTube[/url]

Ok, I took a small sound byte and uped ip to YouTube. I used a mobile phone to do the recording. when playing back, the engine sounds horrible, I just think it is the way it records.. dunno... BUT, you can hear the tapping sound. Is it the waterpump? Pully? Tensioner? Alternator? Or internal in the bottom end?

Please chime in with your opinion.

Please just watch and listen.. after half way through the video.. after you are used to the sounds, you can hear a persistant clicking, or tapping sound.. clack clack clack clack.. steady with RPM. Raises and lowers with RPM, but is much more audible after blipping the throttle and the rpms go down...

I just hope it is not internal.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I took a small sound byte and uped ip to YouTube. I used a mobile phone to do the recording. when playing back, the engine sounds horrible, I just think it is the way it records.. dunno... BUT, you can hear the tapping sound. Is it the waterpump? Pully? Tensioner? Alternator? Or internal in the bottom end?

Please chime in with your opinion.

Please just watch and listen.. after half way through the video.. after you are used to the sounds, you can hear a persistant clicking, or tapping sound.. clack clack clack clack.. steady with RPM. Raises and lowers with RPM, but is much more audible after blipping the throttle and the rpms go down...

I just hope it is not internal.