Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tfs 245 or PRC LS7 small bore heads on 416 cu

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still nobody wants to post any dyno sheet for either of these heads !!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1773
still nobody wants to post any dyno sheet for either of these heads !!!!
I'm sure a simple search will give you the findings you're looking for
Old 08-31-2012, 05:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since noone has asked yet, how thick is the deck on the PRC heads?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by el_diablo
since noone has asked yet, how thick is the deck on the prc heads?
0.750" very good heads ,i just decided to order them , all sequar port heads are the best flow
Old 08-31-2012, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
What is this being built to do? For a race application, the TFS 245's will not hang with the PRC small-bore LS7's. For average power, a street driver, the TFS will make slightly better and be better on the low-end and mid-range. If you're looking at the bottom-end and mid-range though, we'd recommend you check out the PRC 247cc cathedral port heads and make that a fair fight/comparison with the TFS 245's

Wow....what cars/class/titles do the PRC's hold ??
~Which you of your "shop" cars run the sb LS7's ?? Whats the basic combo and what does it run ??
~Who is responsible for PRC's port, seat and chamber work....aka, who's work did you digitize ?? Looking for a name....not a shop.
~Does TSP subscribe to the conventional "intake valve area to bore area" theory ??
~Are there seat and port options with the sb LS7 ?? To customize towards a specific build ??
~Have you guys crunched C/D numbers on an equal sized plate for a fair comparison ??
~And could you post some BMEP numbers with your sb LS7's ??

These are some of the basic questions I've always had for the PRC crowd.....they are not meant to be an attack....they are legitimate questions.

Thanks...............
Old 09-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSOHOLIC
Wow....what cars/class/titles do the PRC's hold ??
~Which you of your "shop" cars run the sb LS7's ?? Whats the basic combo and what does it run ??
~Who is responsible for PRC's port, seat and chamber work....aka, who's work did you digitize ?? Looking for a name....not a shop.
~Does TSP subscribe to the conventional "intake valve area to bore area" theory ??
~Are there seat and port options with the sb LS7 ?? To customize towards a specific build ??
~Have you guys crunched C/D numbers on an equal sized plate for a fair comparison ??
~And could you post some BMEP numbers with your sb LS7's ??

These are some of the basic questions I've always had for the PRC crowd.....they are not meant to be an attack....they are legitimate questions.

Thanks...............
lets see a dyno graph with these heads why are they better than TFS 235s ,,, who runs these PRCs on their cars,,,
Old 09-02-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 589 Likes on 467 Posts

DietCoke has a dyno thread w/TSP LS3 427 SB LS7's but thats a race car. I would like to see a more "typical" setup. Stroker and/or non. JMO
Old 09-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by c5z16z
lets see a dyno graph with these heads why are they better than TFS 235s ,,, who runs these PRCs on their cars,,,
It's been about two weeks since I questioned these claims and asked for proof to back it up and a number of others have also asked similar question but still no reply. Maybe there is just no proof available to back up these claims?
Old 09-04-2012, 03:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gouldy
It's been about two weeks since I questioned these claims and asked for proof to back it up and a number of others have also asked similar question but still no reply. Maybe there is just no proof available to back up these claims?
Thats why i ended up buying PRC LS7 small bore heads Req port instead of old design TFS lol.

Also if you use the logic when you say i want aftermarket heads they immediatly would say go ahead with Mast (black label heads) also the fastest car would run either All pr /Mozez heads so not cathedral port
Old 09-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Staging Lane

Good to see you have made a choice , I hope you get good results with them.
Post some dyno results when it's finished.

I can't understand how you could not find any results for the TFS245 though?,I have just done a google search and found 19 Pages of results and on closer inspection you will find some extremely good results that have been duplicated time and time again on many different engine combinations.

Good luck
Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the PRC head could be a good option but you should pick what would be best for your application. Since this is meant for a turbo build the TFS is the better choice. This detail seems to have been overlooked in this discussion. Had this been an NA build I think the PRC would have done well. I wanted the PRC but they were unavailable when I wanted to buy.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 589 Likes on 467 Posts

I know I am beating a dead horse.... but PRC should get a magazine to run a article about their LS3 418 stroker w/sbLS7 heads. Between no available dyno data and availability of heads....... I believe TSP is loosing out on sales. But whatever. Its not my company. LOL
Old 09-08-2012, 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by lt1773
Thats why i ended up buying PRC LS7 small bore heads Req port instead of old design TFS lol.

Also if you use the logic when you say i want aftermarket heads they immediatly would say go ahead with Mast (black label heads) also the fastest car would run either All pr /Mozez heads so not cathedral port
You do know he was talking about the PRC heads not having data and not the TFS heads?

Just because it's an old design means nothing.

It's funny you say fastest cars don't run cathedral port heads...Justin Smith had a set of 250 Drag Port All-Pro Cathedral port heads on his nitrous car for the longest time until he stepped up to the LS7 port. He went 5.0x in the 1/8th mile with those heads spraying less than he does now on the LS7 heads. I'd say for a 250cc head that's damn impressive.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
I know I am beating a dead horse.... but PRC should get a magazine to run a article about their LS3 418 stroker w/sbLS7 heads. Between no available dyno data and availability of heads....... I believe TSP is loosing out on sales. But whatever. Its not my company. LOL
I think you may be beating a dead horse, it also appears that Matt has no intentions responding to questions about his negative claims about the TFS heads. He obviously can't / won't produce any dyno figures to back up his claims that TFS245s will not hang with the PRC small bore LS7 heads and that's ok but his silence makes him look unprofessional and unfortunatly makes his product stand out from the crowd for different reasons. (great product if you don't care about proven dyno or track results).

Last edited by gouldy; 09-11-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

LOL........TSP makes great products but don't run down the top competition in your class with ZERO ammunition. Show a little respect for the guys who paved the way.

For all you guys at the LSX race this weekend....make a note of all the PRC headed combo's running in the top five of their respective class. Then do the same with TFS heads.....and let the "real" results speak for themselves.

Hell I was at the drag week opener today....guess what, the famous white, twin turbo LSX pinto runs a TFS 225.....5oh's on 20 psi and he will cruise it 1200 miles in the process.

Thanks...........
Old 09-10-2012, 04:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LSOHOLIC
LOL........TSP makes great products but don't run down the top competition in your class with ZERO ammunition. Show a little respect for the guys who paved the way.

For all you guys at the LSX race this weekend....make a note of all the PRC headed combo's running in the top five of their respective class. Then do the same with TFS heads.....and let the "real" results speak for themselves.

Hell I was at the drag week opener today....guess what, the famous white, twin turbo LSX pinto runs a TFS 225.....5oh's on 20 psi and he will cruise it 1200 miles in the process.

Thanks...........
That's one bad mama jama!!! That thing is insane!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Ugh yeah Im searching now... hoping to pick up a shortblock in the winter and Im wanting a set of TFS 245's.

Got some pretty good prices over there, Martin?
Old 09-14-2012, 04:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 6D9 Matt
Ugh yeah Im searching now... hoping to pick up a shortblock in the winter and Im wanting a set of TFS 245's.

Got some pretty good prices over there, Martin?
We can get you fixed up!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Good thread.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

any more input ??

Quick Reply: tfs 245 or PRC LS7 small bore heads on 416 cu