Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

over 60ks on my dual springs with a torquer 2 with 112lsa. no problems here
Old 08-28-2012, 04:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a mayhem 2 cam kit from a well known tuner. The kit advertised this spring. When I ordered the kit, I was told they swapped the spring in this kit. So now the kit comes with the lunati gold dual 660 spring kit. Cam is a 235/245 630 lift. Redline 6900 rpm. I see this rpm quit frequently .
Not sure why they changed the spring in this kit. But I'm happy
Old 12-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Wanted to bring up an old thread since I bought a set of new PRC650 from a member here so I wanted to ask a question. My LS3 heads came with behive springs with an all in one valvestem seal/seat and I noticed that the this kit the valve stem seal does not touch the valve seat, and I ensured it was all the way down. took an old one and compared the heights between this kit and the factory and noticed the all in one was higher. Is this normal or is there a seperate kit meant for LS3 style heads?

Daily driver build in my s10, I didnt realize there was such a short life "expected" with these kits however I know use and cam size has a factor. Wasnt planning on having to change springs or check them all that often but good to know now.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2017, 08:12 PM
07V
Teching In

TSP's website says they're designed for dual valve springs. It also says that they're brand new and patent pending. It says it's supposed to fit gen 3 and get 4 applications, with the exception of the ls7 and ls9, so I don't think the platform is what's wrong. If I had to guess I'd say that either the design is wrong, considering it's brand new, or the valve spring is what's wrong, considering it says dual valve spring. Or maybe it's supposed to be like that. I'd call 'em.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

The valve springs should be a .660 dual kit with pac springs.
Normally the stock seal will trap alot of carbon on top of the guide between the inside of seal and top of the guide. Make sure the guides are completely clean before installing the integral seat/seal combo.
Sometimes they are a very tight fit and do require a slight tap to make them register correctly. You can use a small amount of lube on the interior viton portion of the seal to help it slide on and not have issues going on.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Spoke with a tech @ texas speed and he confirmed there is going to be a gap between the seat and seal with this kit. I did lube inside the seal and used a socket and gently kept tapping it unit it was seated being careful not to damage the spring seal around the valve.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Prc .650 dual valve spring life?