Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4/9 engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4/9 engine

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone has throw a stroker kit into one of these engine and if so how did it turn out. I havnt done the math yet to figure out what displacement the engine will have with a .030 bore and a 4in stroke. I am thinking about doing this and want to hear from anyone else who might of and what kind of power its putting out. Thanks in advance. Oh yeah goals for me are to have a low mid to high 11 sec street/strip car.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

that would be 408cid. Search around plenty of those floating around.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

408 would be a good way to go. what set up you thinking of going with; stroker kit/cam/heads/intake etc....
Old 09-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by backdraft408
408 would be a good way to go. what set up you thinking of going with; stroker kit/cam/heads/intake etc....
I was thinking an eagle rotating assy but im open to suggestions on that. I was looking into the l92 heads because from what ive seen that flow really well for being stock head over 300 cfm if i read right. I havnt done much research on the intakes but from what i have read it seems that alot of people like the fast EFI intakes.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

not to be an ***....but you should prolly do some research and THEN ask questions about the little things you arent sure about
Old 09-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Teching In

I am running Callies Compstar forged crank, Callies H beams forged, and Wiseco 3cc forged pistons. The heads are stock LS3 821 heads with the stock LS3 intake manifold. I am saving up right now for the 250cc PRC heads. No dyno time yet but it pulls hard. If go with a stroker it will make you happy for sure.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by usmcpi
not to be an ***....but you should prolly do some research and THEN ask questions about the little things you arent sure about
What little things are you referring to? I agree with doing research. I thought that part of doing research was asking questions. You know i'm an NCO in the USAF and if a new guy was to come up to me and ask a question trying to learn something new about our job and i responded with something like that i dont think that they would feel comfortable asking me a question again trying to learn something from someone more knowledgeable then they are in that certain field. I always tell my guys there is no such thing as a dumb or stupid question when it comes to learning something new. There is always an *** out there that has to be the smart ***, and i do admit i am that way sometimes when it comes the helicopter mechanics because ive been doing it for over 9 years so i guess i kinda feel where your coming from. Thanks for the advice brotha.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can get a set of ls3 heads from SDPC.check Texas Speed for 402/408/416 rotating assembly.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bdonn8484
What little things are you referring to? I agree with doing research. I thought that part of doing research was asking questions. You know i'm an NCO in the USAF and if a new guy was to come up to me and ask a question trying to learn something new about our job and i responded with something like that i dont think that they would feel comfortable asking me a question again trying to learn something from someone more knowledgeable then they are in that certain field. I always tell my guys there is no such thing as a dumb or stupid question when it comes to learning something new. There is always an *** out there that has to be the smart ***, and i do admit i am that way sometimes when it comes the helicopter mechanics because ive been doing it for over 9 years so i guess i kinda feel where your coming from. Thanks for the advice brotha.

I did airframes for f/a-18s in the Marines. I was also an NCO. If a junior airman came to you and asked how every system in the aircraft is connected, would you sit down and explain it to him all day or tell him to open the pubs and start reading?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by usmcpi
I did airframes for f/a-18s in the Marines. I was also an NCO. If a junior airman came to you and asked how every system in the aircraft is connected, would you sit down and explain it to him all day or tell him to open the pubs and start reading?
No i have them get in the books and read about the systems. Much respect to the Marines we work with them alot in the AOR being a Combat Search and Rescue squadron.

Quick Reply: LQ4/9 engine