Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Getting H/C Need Some Help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

First off thanks for all the kind words so far in this thread. It makes me very humble to see and hear the things said in here.

Ok Doggy, I see the modifications you have and here is what I think. I think if you want to run a cam as large as our V.1 Polluter that you really would want and need to have an entire complete max-effort package which IMO would include:
Chris 1313
98mm+ lid
85mm+ MAF
1x7/8" headers
True Duals or a 3.5"-4" single exhaust
UDP

Those are just to name a few. I would also want you to get as much compression out of this set-up as we possibly could and still run on pump fuel. With that cam that would mean 11.7-11.9:1 static and 8.6-8.8:1 dynamic. If you only have 91 available like I think then we'd want it around 11.5:1 and 8.3-8.4:1.

I also think the V.2 Polluter would be a better fit again mainly because of the +3 degrees of advance that are ground into V.2 and it's 239 degree intake duration it would provide more under the curve power while still being able to match V.1's peak power with V.2's 244 degrees of exhaust duration and 112lsa.

Even then all that said I still think there is a better cam for your current set-up and it has already been mentioned.

The Street Heat Stage 2 cam for 346-364c.i motors is one of my favorites along with my other Street Heat Stage 2 cam for 346-370c.i. motors.

The smaller Stage 2 is 231/238 .61x/.61x 113+3 and the slightly larger Stage 2 is 234/240 .61x/.58x 113+4. I honestly think both of those will come within 5-10rwhp peak of either polluters in your set-up with much more area under the curve.

We have a cam package for 679.99 that includes Brian Tooley valve springs, Manley push rods and any of our off the shelf cams for that price. We can add a LSA oil pump to that for 94.99 and a ls2 chain for 44.99. LS7 lifters are a great lifter to use in a set-up like yours and there is nothing wrong with the stock rockers they are actually the lightest rocker available for your motor. If you wanted to cover your bases there you could go with a trunion upgrade kit. The new trunions press in after the old ones press out and if you have access to a press are very easy to do and only take around a hour.

Let me know if you have any more questions or drop me a e-mail, PM or call me at the shop!

Here are those two cams for anyone interested.

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...r-ls2-engines/

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...1-ls6-engines/

And the V.2 polluter:
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...1-ls6-engines/
Old 09-21-2012, 03:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Picked it up last night... Thanks for the help guys! Ill keep this thread updated as I move along. Going to order all the supporting mods that I need to get. Then probably shipping it off to Texas Speed to get the heads ported. They said they will do it for $750. Then finally get everything installed & get it dyno/tuned to see what I can get out of the set up!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Should have all this installed by the end of the month!

Traded my LS6 intake for this dry kit along with a bottle heater... 100 shot Will probably convert to a wet shot.

Picked up this FAST 90

& bought this Nick Williams 90 from XpEdItIoUs on here

Quick Reply: Finally Getting H/C Need Some Help...